Elisha Shaw commits to Bama, will not sign LOI, but join program in some capacity

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
due to neck injury, his career is probably over. But, our staff honored a scholarship and stayed in contact the entire time.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
‏@TimWatts_BOL A source close to Elisha Shaw told me a few weeks ago only Nick Saban and Tide staff stood by Shaw after injury.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've seen some question this on twitter - how can he start off at Bama on a medical scholarship with the possibility of playing? Can the UA medical staff clear him after he goes on medical scholly?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I've seen some question this on twitter - how can he start off at Bama on a medical scholarship with the possibility of playing? Can the UA medical staff clear him after he goes on medical scholly?
I don't think there is a possibility of playing honestly.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
not sure I have the right answer, if he's not signing an LOI, we may avoid certain rules....

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I don't know much about Shaw, but sometimes having a player who can't play helps keep things in perspective for those who can play. Hopefully he will be a person who connects with the team and can weed out that entitlement disease. I think back to Eric LeGrande. He probably had a bigger impact after his injury than before.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.