Lacy "fumble" on the goal line (pic)

popechild

1st Team
Jan 1, 2002
This may have been covered on the game thread but I didn't see it if so. So glad this "fumble" that ultimately cost Bama 7 points didn't cost them the game. I couldn't understand why nothing was ever even mentioned by the announcers about the ball breaking the plane before the fumble...

popechild

1st Team
Jan 1, 2002
I kept begging for it, but CBS never showed a replay from that angle if I remember correctly. :mad:
They showed this angle like half a dozen times, that's where I got the screenshot from. That's also why I couldn't understand that they never mentioned it.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I think their comment was there was not enough to overturn it. I agree, there was no conclusive evidence but I thought it might have crossed but there was no view showing the line and the ball. View above is at an angle.

I was more upset with him reaching like that. If it was 3rd or 4th down then do it but if not protect the ball and try again.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
No way to prove it with that angle.

On the replay it really looked like the ball was knocked lose before he got it to the endzone. Looked to me like it was a good 6 inches short.

popechild

1st Team
Jan 1, 2002
I think there comment was there was not enough to overturn it. I agree, there was no conclusive evidence but I thought it might have crossed but there was no view showing the line and the ball. View above is at an angle.

I was more upset with him reaching like that. If it was 3rd or 4th down then do it but if not protect the ball and try again.
You mean other than this view right here?

popechild

1st Team
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah, never could see it on the video replays, but that's a pretty clear photo of a TD. Glad it didn't matter in the end.
Maybe I'm not being clear - this is a picture taken of my TV from the CBS feed of the game during the time when they were reviewing the call. This isn't from some other angle or camera that CBS never showed.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Think about it - the more that camera moves toward the goal line the more the view of the ball moves toward the end zone. Replay refs need some lessons in physics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
I called it on the game thread twice. My nearly blind football clueless wife called it a TD.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.