We are not out of it yet

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
When was the last time you cheered Lane Kiffin on? He has to win 2 games against Oregon and Notre Dame. BCS will then be against K-State. He'll probably let us down just to spite us. :)

JIB

Suspended
Nov 2, 2011
Sterrett
Oregon will not lose. K State probably won't lose, Notre Dame probably will lose.

Bama will not be in the title game this year. I fear we won't be in the mix for a while...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Oregon will not lose. K State probably won't lose, Notre Dame probably will lose.

Bama will not be in the title game this year. I fear we won't be in the mix for a while...

Who would have thought Oklahoma State would lose last year? Things happen.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
I agree that Notre Dame will probably lose. The likelihood that either Oregon or Kansas St. will drop a game is uncomfortably high enough to consider.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I agree. We are not out just yet. For some reason, this loss doesn't bother me at all. It was what Alabama just need to wake up and play even better. I"m glad we are at no. 4 which means, we can move up... It's not about a loss, a team can play bad and struggle to win, so they can drop a spot. Look at ND. Did they drop a spot or two ? I wouldn't worry about it. Just win all out and SEC and we'll be okay.

tideinark

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 6, 2003
Little Rock, Ar, US
I'm highly optimistic compared to last year.

We need a loss by ND to USC in a game that USC will be slightly favored. Probably by 3 or 4.

We need Baylor to pull an Iowa St. trap game on K.State. I doubt this will be an easy win. The bullseye is on them now. Then they will be favored at home over Texas by 7. Lots of pressure on them now. Damn they are lucky the B12 doesn't have a champ game anymore. At least a 40-50% chance they could lose one of these games.

Oregon hasn't really been pushed yet. Maybe they could get caught in the Civil War. At least they have to play an extra conference champ game. You can't lose if you aren't playing.

Odds are a coin flip. Of course we have to take care of business in the SEC champ game.

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA

I think our chances for a crystal ball this year are now slim. But I thought we were going to be a bit down this year compared to last year anyway. But I dont think we are out of the mix for a while. We are still the class of the SEC and will continue to be for the foreseeable future. We have a lot of young players that have made significant contributions this year and many more absolute stud that are waiting for their call to join the Crimson Tide. The SEC is always going to be a tough road. But we are still the SEC's top dog, which will always mean that we are in the hunt for the championship.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I worry less about getting the upsets than I do taking advantage of it should the opportunity present itself.

Kansas State and Notre Dame are vulnerable, IMO. Odds are one of them finishes undefeated, but it really wouldn't be a major surprise if they both dropped games the final three weeks.

I'm just more worried about us. I don't care what kind of help we get on the outside, we aren't getting through Georgia and Oregon unless we play much better than we have as of late.

Big difference between now and last year. After the LSU debacle last year, all we needed was a chance at redemption. The team itself was all there, it just needed the opportunity to rectify the Game of the Century snafu. This year we need both a chance at redemption and some significant improvement. This team is just not a national championship caliber team right now.

Last edited:

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
same, even if 2 of the 3 lost, I believe sec fatigue will set in and someone will stay ahead of us.

Even with the SEC fatique out there, if 2 of 3 lose and Bama wins out, we will be in the title game. Besides, there is a long line of SEC teams behind us in the BCS this week.

They will hate us til they beat us! Until then, they better get used to some SEC team being there!

swamptroll

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
If Bama doesn't make it to the title game,the possibility of pounding ND would be a great consolation prize.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I like the positive attitudes all around & sure hope you are right. I do think anything is possible yet the chances this year do not seem as great to me.

Bama has to take care of our own business & hope others do not. After going to the SECCG we will need a very Big win there for any kind of chance. Bama can not play API or GA like they did Saturday.

The old quote from Ray Goff of "I think we are just going to beat the heck out of each other" is coming true.

I know t don't sound right but I was Never for aTm being in the SEC, these thems with something to prove & nothing to lose have crushed Alabama's hopes numerous times over the years.

It sure would be something for us to get another shot.

Thanks for posting all the positive messages.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Neither Oregon or K St have an easy path. Oregon has a solid Oregon St and Stanford as well as a conference championship. K State travels to Baylor and host Texas. Great opportunity for Texas to become relevant again. Roll Tide!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I worry less about getting the upsets than I do taking advantage of it should the opportunity present itself.

Kansas State and Notre Dame are vulnerable, IMO. Odds are one of them finishes undefeated, but it really wouldn't be a major surprise if they both dropped games the final three weeks.

I'm just more worried about us. I don't care what kind of help we get on the outside, we aren't getting through Georgia and Oregon unless we play much better than we have as of late.

Big difference between now and last year. After the LSU debacle last year, all we needed was a chance at redemption. The team itself was all there, it just needed the opportunity to rectify the Game of the Century snafu. This year we need both a chance at redemption and some significant improvement. This team is just not a national championship caliber team right now.
I think you nailed it BET. I said in another thread that psychologically this team now knows it can be beaten and that is one issue that concerns me about the SECC game. Like a lot of other sports, some teams peak early and some peak at the right time, not sure where we are right now. We can win out but it will depend on how we respond to a loss and we must improve on both sides of he ball.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
I want to be optimistic but I just don't see things falling into place as they did last year. At this point, let's take care of business which means DESTROYING THE BOOGERS!

RTR!!!!

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

Said differently, we need to worry about beating Georgia.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.