Link: Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Would make sense that the fightin' Amish are more loose, relaxed, etc....

I'm really curious to see how 'tight' we play early. But remember that old clip that Saban has, where he explains that if he's intense, it's generally because the guys are NOT; and if he's loose, it's because he thinks the guys get it? (Paraphrasing big time)

Coach has been really loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Great insights into practice and the different approaches taken by the two teams. The 4th period reminded me of what they used to say about "middle drill" when Coach Stallings was in Tuscaloosa.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Time is so dangerous for fans. We worry about every little detail -- and wonder about it's impact on the game. I too have gotten lost in the massive amounts of "goo" that comes from yahoo, espn, etc.

The things that still stand out to me:

Vegas Line: -10 (or so)
Is the ND offense better than A&M? No - not even close

Their Offense may max out at 13 points --

We just have to score 14 --

When have we NOT scored 14 points?

Even if the Defenses are a PUSH

Our Offense is better -- in some ways -- much better

Bama 22
ND 13

Would make sense that the fightin' Amish are more loose, relaxed, etc....

I'm really curious to see how 'tight' we play early. But remember that old clip that Saban has, where he explains that if he's intense, it's generally because the guys are NOT; and if he's loose, it's because he thinks the guys get it? (Paraphrasing big time)

Coach has been really loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just saw his interview session this morning on ESPN, the beginning anyway. He looks relaxed, complimenting the Orange Bowl committee and at the same time he looked determined to get the team to see where he is coming from at this point. He has shifted gears a little as he always does at the time. I can't wait to see how the team responds tomorrow night.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Both good articles, especially Deas for its insights into practice and the attitude of the players. In the interviews I've seen from the players, I don't get a sense of overly serious or uptight but one of preparedness. I like what I'm hearing from everyone and the demeanor of the team. I don't believe over-confidence comes into play but I do believe that this group knows that if they do what they are capable of doing they will be successful. Bama 27-10.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Both, very good articles by two very good writers. Like Cecil pointed out...we won't really if the team is too tight, or just ready for business until the game.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
My take on what's coming: Saban will paint his masterpiece.

The best coach in college ball, with three successful trips to the Title Game under his belt...

Each trip has made him a better coach. He never stops learning or improving.

And here we are, up against Notre Dang, of all teams, with everything up for grabs. Coach Bryant's nemesis, served on a silver platter.

The pressure Saban must feel from his own expectations must be sky high, and I'm expecting him and his team to bring their "A" game...Saban will paint his masterpiece.

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
THIS!!!!

Some teams plan to get here. Coach Saban plans to win here.

My take on what's coming: Saban will paint his masterpiece.

The best coach in college ball, with three successful trips to the Title Game under his belt...

Each trip has made him a better coach. He never stops learning or improving.

And here we are, up against Notre Dang, of all teams, with everything up for grabs. Coach Bryant's nemesis, served on a silver platter.

The pressure Saban must feel from his own expectations must be sky high, and I'm expecting him and his team to bring their "A" game...Saban will paint his masterpiece.

4thGenBamaGrad

1st Team
Nov 4, 2007
Boca Raton, FL
All I will say is that the Notre Dame fans down here are pretty complacent--I get the sense that they will be neither surprised or devestated if they lose tomorrow. They appear to be just enjoying the fact that their team has returned to the national scene and celebrating a great year.

So it makes sense that the team is loose as well.

A loose team is only dangerous as long as they think they're in the game. So let's hope we come out strong and physical.

RTR!!!

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
The 4th period reminded me of what they used to say about "middle drill" when Coach Stallings was in Tuscaloosa.
4th period sounds like a cake walk compared to what I have read about Coach Bryant's
gym class. But IIRC, I think gym class was all about off season conditioning. Two different things, I guess.

All I will say is that the Notre Dame fans down here are pretty complacent--I get the sense that they will be neither surprised or devestated if they lose tomorrow. They appear to be just enjoying the fact that their team has returned to the national scene and celebrating a great year.

So it makes sense that the team is loose as well.

A loose team is only dangerous as long as they think they're in the game. So let's hope we come out strong and physical.

RTR!!!
So ND is loose? So all the pressure is on Bama?!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Me too although you risk having you head taken off by saying anything abou Cecil, some of his stuff don't seem like from a home town beat writer. Well I asked for it.
Cecil is much, much more than a hometown beat writer and he's respected widely on the national stage. And he doesn't sugar coat. When he started to hint at what the Dubose sanctions were going to be, he was crucified by a lot of Bama folks...

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
I liked both pieces and I like Cecil lots.

I saw the interviews yesterday. Coach looked loose. Barrett Jones looked real loose. I would not have called McCarron tight, more business-like. I feel very good about the team's mindset.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.