Greetings From the West Coast (First Post)

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Just wanted to wish all Bama fans across the nation/world good luck tomorrow. I'm a lifelong UCLA Bruin fan/grad and have always followed the traditional rivalries in cfb. As for the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, i've always pulled for Bama. Auburn always gave me the same disgusting feeling i got when i saw those ketchup and mustard uniforms of those cheating, lying, spoiled nimrods across town. I live in a bandwagon southern cal area, so it's great to be able to enjoy not only Bruin wins, but Bama wins as well.

These days, i have a real reason to make the Crimson Tide my 2nd favorite team. My nephew attends Alabama! He absolutely loves it there and speaks in glowing terms of the people in Alabama. My brothers and I are hoping to get out to a game next year and it would be great if you are back-to-back National Champs when we get there. If that isn't incentive for you to run the table, i don't know what is. lol

We're on cloud 9 right now with our win over southern cal (they HATE being called that, btw) with what Coach Jim Mora has accomplished already. Funny thing, Mora calls them that all the time. He plays it off as if he doesn't realize what he's doing, but we all know better. Even the players refer to that name whenever they mention that hellhole of a school. Our next two games will be tough, but win or lose, the culture surrounding the football program has done a complete 180 in less than a year.

Not sure if you heard about Mora's interview on the Dan Patrisk Show, but it was great, especially the ending.

If you don't want to listen to the entire interview, start at about 6:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7OIwxUAyo

Go Bruins and Roll Tide Roll !

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Welcome aboard :BigA:

And , yes , Mora really has been impressive . Good luck against Stanford .

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Yeah, years ago they actually requested that the media not use the term "southern cal" when referring to their school.

Being located in quite possibly the worst area of SoCal, they should be happy to be called southern cal.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Welcome aboard :BigA:

And , yes , Mora really has been impressive . Good luck against Stanford .
Thanks. should be a tough game. We haven't had much luck against them lately. Then again, we haven't had much luck again most teams .

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Just wanted to wish all Bama fans across the nation/world good luck tomorrow. I'm a lifelong UCLA Bruin fan/grad and have always followed the traditional rivalries in cfb. As for the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, i've always pulled for Bama. Auburn always gave me the same disgusting feeling i got when i saw those ketchup and mustard uniforms of those cheating, lying, spoiled nimrods across town. I live in a bandwagon southern cal area, so it's great to be able to enjoy not only Bruin wins, but Bama wins as well.

These days, i have a real reason to make the Crimson Tide my 2nd favorite team. My nephew attends Alabama! He absolutely loves it there and speaks in glowing terms of the people in Alabama. My brothers and I are hoping to get out to a game next year and it would be great if you are back-to-back National Champs when we get there. If that isn't incentive for you to run the table, i don't know what is. lol

We're on cloud 9 right now with our win over southern cal (they HATE being called that, btw) with what Coach Jim Mora has accomplished already. Funny thing, Mora calls them that all the time. He plays it off as if he doesn't realize what he's doing, but we all know better. Even the players refer to that name whenever they mention that hellhole of a school. Our next two games will be tough, but win or lose, the culture surrounding the football program has done a complete 180 in less than a year.

Not sure if you heard about Mora's interview on the Dan Patrisk Show, but it was great, especially the ending.

If you don't want to listen to the entire interview, start at about 6:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7OIwxUAyo

Go Bruins and Roll Tide Roll !
Bruintide, you need to tell it like it is and quit holding back!!:biggrin:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Welcome to Tidefans, BruinTide. I have SoCal connections with a nephew who graduated from UCLA School of Law and is practicing in the Burbank area.

Glad to see the Bruins stir things up out there again. Whole lot of shakin' going on since Coach Mora came to town.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Welcome to the board BruinTide. I come from a USC family, so I'll offer congrats on the win y'all had last weekend. But my first school is Alabama, being a two-time graduate of the school. This is the best Alabama board, with lots of good opinions, and jokes, being shared. Roll Tide!

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
Welcome Bruin, I have never liked southern cal and now i will always call them that. Glad your nephew is having a good time in our great state. We too hope to be back to back champs when you get to come next year.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
For the record, I've never heard of my family be offended by being called "Southern Cal", or other USC fans as well. There may be some that are, but I'm not aware of it.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Welcome to Tidefans. Have never liked Southern Cal either -- too arrogant for my taste. When they hired Lame Kitten that was just another reason to dislike them. I say dislike as they are not even worth my energy to despise them.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Sorry to be a downer, but I kind of hope Stanford wins the game today to keep Oregon out of the CG, but I'd love to see you guys take the P12CG rematch and win the rose bowl afterwards!

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
Well, that was ugly

I guess starting an OL of 3 freshmen and a sophomore against one of the best front 7's in cfb is a reciped for disaster.
Losing Damien Thigpen for the year really hurt.

I don't see how we can beat them this week. All in all, still a good year (by our standards, not yours lol)

Recorded the Iron Bowl since i was out tailgating at the Rose Bowl all day saturday. Just watchede the first half. If Auburn improves next year... they'll still be horrible.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

BruinTide

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 5, 2012
By the way, this is from southern cal's 2005 Media Guide:

It’s Not ‘Southern Cal’

Note to the media: In editorial references to athletic teams of the University
of Southern California, the following are preferred: USC, Southern California, So. California,
Troy and Trojans for men’s or women’s teams, and Women of Troy for women’s teams.
PLEASE do not use Southern Cal (it’s like calling San Francisco “Frisco” or North Carolina
“North Car.”).
The usage of"Southern Cal" on licensed apparel and merchandise is limited in scope and
necessary to protect federal trademark rights.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Welcome Bruintide.
I love it that the Pac-12 championship game is UCLA-Stanford, when all we heard from the experts was how it would be Oregon-Southern Cal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.