Link: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances (S.W.A.T.S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
what a shock that the chinese first came up with this 1000 years ago considering that they grind up the private parts of wild animals for aphrodisiac effect.
Beside loss of habitat, poachers have nearly caused tigers to be extinct in the wild.

of note , someone called these people pushers -- to be politically correct they should be referred to as "unlicensed pharmacists" much in the same way that illegal aliens are called "undocumented workers." ;)

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
This is a non-story.
These guys are not boosters so there’s no institutional violation here.

They’ve been C&D’d twice since 2009 and that makes the no-violation argument even stronger.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that these “chips” provide a competitive advantage.

There is ample scientific evidence that they’re nothing more than snake oil. That means they’re worthless and at the absolute worst, our guys will have to make restitution to a charity and suffer no eligibility consequences.

But that won't stop the talk radio gang from trying to make a big deal of it. Paul Finebaum is probably trying three ways to Sunday to find a way back on the air today.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
So, Key is described as lying in the article, and has no proof of anyone taking the alleged supplement. Where's the real news? Just another snake-oil salesman in a hotel room trying to make a buck off of other well known people.
A player giving a testimonial for the product on u tube.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
This is the same guy who claimed to have agbarn players using his garbage in 2010. Oooo let me wear this sticker and it will make me play better!

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
This is the same guy who claimed to have agbarn players using his garbage in 2010. Oooo let me wear this sticker and it will make me play better!
I seem to remember poking fun at auburn for using the bracelets with the chips on their championship team.

Their was a thread or two about it here on TF.

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al
....the NCAA tests for performance-enhancing drugs such as anabolic steroids at its championships in all three divisions & at football bowl games.... This is just an excerpt from the NCAA site. Go to their site and search performance enhancing drugs and you can read the whole article.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
This is a non-story.
These guys are not boosters so there’s no institutional violation here.

They’ve been C&D’d twice since 2009 and that makes the no-violation argument even stronger.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence that these “chips” provide a competitive advantage.

There is ample scientific evidence that they’re nothing more than snake oil. That means they’re worthless and at the absolute worst, our guys will have to make restitution to a charity and suffer no eligibility consequences.

But that won't stop the talk radio gang from trying to make a big deal of it. Paul Finebaum is probably trying three ways to Sunday to find a way back on the air today.
only things that remotely bothers me here is him saying he was giving the "chips" and stuff to the players. this guy is obviously a weasle, taping conversations and meetings usually only a tactic of blackmail artists.

I agree though the institution should be in the clear since he's not a booster, the school has done their due diligence to stop him. though I would think Ua should have looked into a restraining order instead of just the CandD. And deffinately should in the future.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA
only things that remotely bothers me here is him saying he was giving the "chips" and stuff to the players. this guy is obviously a weasle, taping conversations and meetings usually only a tactic of blackmail artists.

I agree though the institution should be in the clear since he's not a booster, the school has done their due diligence to stop him. though I would think Ua should have looked into a restraining order instead of just the CandD. And deffinately should in the future.
Yeah. Is it an NCAA violation to give an active player worthless junk that you are selling for a ridiculous amount?

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
Re: SI article implies that Bama football players used illegal substances

SI is well behind on this story, must have been a very slow news day. Sounds like someone one at SI (Writer) needs more assignments and more creativity.
Ray Lewis, SWATS, and his triceps injury were big news today at his Super Bowl interview. That may have something to do with why this was dragged out again.

Also his acquittal for murder.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.