Longshot: BCSNCG could be Bama vs Florida/LSU/SCar

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Looking at the new BCS rankings that were just released, there's a small possibility that the NCG could be SEC vs SEC again. How it could happen:

Oregon finishes the regular season undefeated, but goes down to USC in the P12CG
K-State stumbles in one of their last three games
ND is defeated by USC in their final game

Bama vs UGA in the SECCG would knock GA down (assuming we win), which would make Florida #2 (assuming they win out), LSU #2 if Florida drops a game, or S.Car #2 if the previous 2 drop a game.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but it would be fun to play UGA and Florida this season.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I'm looking for that Nov. 17th weekend to be real interesting. Upsets could happen to allow Florida back into the top 5 again.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I think UF is the only other SEC team with any shot at all and that is really slim. They would need an impressive win over FSU and for everyone ahead of them to lose.

LSU & SCar would both have two losses, so there's no way they'd get picked ahead of some non-SEC 1-loss team.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.

Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.

Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.
I think we match up better with ND than the Ducks, and, face it, we owe ND big time...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Speaking of the BCS countdown show, when did David Pollack become so against Bama. Never thought I would say that Jesse Palmer did a better job and has Alabama's back.

David is sure on his Dawgs pulling an upset in Atlanta to get a chance for the BCSNCG. He does realize this is the same team that almost lost to Kentucky....

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Notre Dame going 12-0 and not getting a chance to play for the national championship would be poetic justice from 46 years ago.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I didn't see the show, what was Pollack saying? From what I've seen in the past, he seems pretty high on KSU.

Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.

Crimson Draw

3rd Team
Nov 8, 2008
Speaking of the BCS countdown show, when did David Pollack become so against Bama. Never thought I would say that Jesse Palmer did a better job and has Alabama's back.

David is sure on his Dawgs pulling an upset in Atlanta to get a chance for the BCSNCG. He does realize this is the same team that almost lost to Kentucky....
LSU almost lost to Auburn.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
I am more concerned about us getting there than who we will play. That said, I was in the Orange Bowl the last time we played Notre Dame. I would really like to see that game.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The monkey wrench in the whole deal is that both Oregon teams have to lose. One will beat the other obviously but then what?

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
For your original question I do not see them allowing 2 SEC teams in the big game again. To many conference big wigs crying over money, for that to happen, IMO. Last year, clearly THE 2 Best teams played, and Bama shut up the what if's.

Now for the SEC championship game: I would love to see us play SC for a little pay back, but like I said at the beginning of the year, I think it's FL.

You may think its crazy but I can see API beating Jawga if they don't fire Cheese before the game.

Jawga is the most undisplined team I have ever seen. They can fight but are not very good at that. What has Jawga EVER done? Take out Herchel Wlaker & you have Kentucky.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.
I listen to David and he always says good things about Bama. However, UGA's win against Florida has the fans running their traps again. You didn't hear a peep out of them after the USCe game. Could they beat is? Maybe. Is it likely they will? I seriously doubt it. If Bama was exposed against LSU and won, what can we say about UGA losing to USCe? I think all of this is wishful talk from a former Georgia player with a mic and a camera.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO a one loss SEC team will not be in the big game if KState, Oregon, and ND all finish undefeated. As for two SEC teams in Miami, not a chance. If those three stumble and there is a one loss Alabama or UGA then it will be BCS mayhem. If all four undefeated teams remain undefeated then it will be Alabama vs Oregon for the crystal football.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
You may think its crazy but I can see API beating Jawga if they don't fire Cheese before the game.
Clearly, you have not watched *burn play this year. They are one of, if not the worst, football team in the FBS. The Georgia you are referring to is the one without Jarvis Jones. The guy is an absolute beast and easily the best player on their team. Without him they are average, at best, on defense. With him, they are pretty solid. I'm looking for a beatdown on the plains this weekend. Can't wait to watch.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Clearly, you have not watched *burn play this year. They are one of, if not the worst, football team in the FBS. The Georgia you are referring to is the one without Jarvis Jones. The guy is an absolute beast and easily the best player on their team. Without him they are average, at best, on defense. With him, they are pretty solid. I'm looking for a beatdown on the plains this weekend. Can't wait to watch.
I'm not ever going to defend API & always HOPE they lose but I did watch then plat LSU & MSU pretty good as I recall.
API just seems to have the dogs number especially at home. But that my opinion we will have to watch the game. I do know that teams that discount or take for granted teams like API often suffer from it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.