Where is the pic of the Ga player poking Millner in the eye?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the flag at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty came a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide
Milliner did push the second time around. I saw it live. At first, I was disgusted. Then, I saw the replay. The old saying goes along the lines of "the second person gets in trouble." Answer me this - what do you expect a guy to do when he gets poked in the eye? First, I'd cry because my eyes would water. Second, I'd push/hit the guy that did it. It's human nature.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I respected Georgia before Saturday, now I know what most Florida fans could have probably told me before hand, they are a team full of low-life thugs. They deserve whatever pain they are suffering today, So does Richt for turning them into a team full of thugs. They won't be back to Atlanta next year.
they've been that way since Richt got to UGA. Does no one else remember Odell Thurman bragging about his "kill shot" on Spencer Pennington back in whatever year that was?

Hate UGA. Always have and always will.

BamaEyeDoc

Scout Team
Oct 6, 2006
Looks like this player's name is Sheldon Dawson. The talking heads need to call for his suspension for the next game as well. No doubt if one of our players was caught doing something like this, Saban would have the player writing an apology letter and seated for the next game whether the league demanded it or not. We will see what the "Godly man" leading the Bulldogs decides to do. My guess is nothing.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Looks like this player's name is Sheldon Dawson. The talking heads need to call for his suspension for the next game as well. No doubt if one of our players was caught doing something like this, Saban would have the player writing an apology letter and seated for the next game whether the league demanded it or not. We will see what the "Godly man" leading the Bulldogs decides to do. My guess is nothing.
Nothing is exactly what he always does, which is why he leads the league every year in penalties and player suspensions.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Nothing was said when Milliner was getting his eyes gauged out.

However, you're partly right ... On one of UGA's TD drives, on a Gurley TD run, Mosley got grabbed in the middle of the field and spun around and was unable to make the tackle at about the 5-yard line... and Gary's reaction was the refs missed one, but that it "happens".... LOL

I hate for it to have been a 'Bama player who had gotten away with one like that. I'm sure it wouldn't just "happen"... they would have replayed it a dozen times and brought it up constantly.
this should definitly be reviewedl....very dirty play, and it was definitly an attempt to 'poke' Milliner in the eye..
just tacky.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Of course the CBS stooges weren't going to harp on that penalty because for the entertainment industry, only particular, popular QBs are worthy of protection from dirty play. They don't seem to care very much about the other 10 guys on the field. It's only when a QB (and apparently only those from a select group of QBs) is hit hard that they complain.

Tim Brando was on Finebaum today continually regurgitating the cookie-cutter excuse (obviously given to him by the head brass at CBS in the same fashion as a modest trinket given to a faithful concubine) that the only reason that the hit on Murray was given so much attention was because of its timing within the game. Brando appears to be unable to intelligently debate against even the most intellectually impotent viewpoint without resorting to personal abject pejoration of those holding an opposing viewpoint. He makes up for his inability or unwillingness to adequately construct a persuasive argument by desperately overpowering the opposing argument with a continuous barrage of quotidian prattle which increases in volume and speech rate proportional to the effectiveness of the person presenting the opposing view.

Hopefully he'll pass out in a Del Taco in South Beach after the BCSCG and someone will videotape an elaborately staged debate between he and the defecation orifice of a drunken fan. I feel that this debate would likely be more competitive than the game itself. It would be eminently helpful if name tags are provided to explicitly clarify the identity of each participant and to ensure that if a CBS representative rushes into the restaurant to rescue Brando, they do not accidentally snatch the wrong participant in a moment of confusion.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
If I remember correctly, wasn't this the situation that, when Gary and Verne realized that the GA player instigated by poking in the eye, Gary responded by saying, "Happens . . ."
Gary's comment came in the 4th quarter when Gurley ran in the touchdown to put Georgia up. During that play one of the UGA interior lineman tackled CJ Moseley on a blatant holding that wasn't called. Gary made the comment saying that "it should have been a hold, but it happens."

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Hopefully he'll pass out in a Del Taco in South Beach after the BCSCG and someone will videotape an elaborately staged debate between he and the defecation orifice of a drunken fan. I feel that this debate would likely be more competitive than the game itself. It would be eminently helpful if name tags are provided to explicitly clarify the identity of each participant and to ensure that if a CBS representative rushes into the restaurant to rescue Brando, they do not accidentally snatch the wrong participant in a moment of confusion.
Nice work. :biggrin:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Or how about the late shove by Rambo when Lacey scored his 2nd qtr td

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.