No SEC National Champion

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oh for Pete's sake some of you - Iowa State couldn't possibly beat OK State last year, TCU couldn't beat Boise, and oh yeah - we lost AT HOME last year, too by.....three points.

The redeeming factor here is that we were down 20 and only lost by 5.

I cannot fathom the play calling in the red zone, though. That boggles my mind.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Ya'll some Debbie Downers.

The SEC isn't going to be in the National Title forever. I know we had chances to win against Texas A&M tonight, but it didn't happen. You can't win every game. Considering everything Alabama's been through with injuries, playing 3 top 15 teams in a row and losing great players to the NFL, this could still end up being a very good season for the Crimson Tide. Alabama still has the Iron Bowl, SECCG and assuming they win the SECCG, they have a BCS Bowl Game (Sugar Bowl) to compete in. But I won't jump the gun on that.

We're a privileged fan base and sometimes I think we take what we have for granted. There are fans and teams out there who would love to win 10+ games a season and be ranked in the top 5 or top 10 every season. I say we focus on Alabama and not the 'SEC Dominance.' Everything will play out the way it will play out and we have to accept the outcome.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
Had to happen sooner of later. Now the rest of the FCB world can watch the MNC game. I just hate losing to the Auburn of Texas.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Ya'll some Debbie Downers.

The SEC isn't going to be in the National Title forever. I know we had chances to win against Texas A&M tonight, but it didn't happen. You can't win every game. Considering everything Alabama's been through with injuries, playing 3 top 15 teams in a row and losing great players to the NFL, this could still end up being a very good season for the Crimson Tide. Alabama still has the Iron Bowl, SECCG and assuming they win the SECCG, they have a BCS Bowl Game (Sugar Bowl) to compete in. But I won't jump the gun on that.

We're a privileged fan base and sometimes I think we take what we have for granted. There are fans and teams out there who would love to win 10+ games a season and be ranked in the top 5 or top 10 every season. I say we focus on Alabama and not the 'SEC Dominance.' Everything will play out the way it will play out and we have to accept the outcome.

Liked and Thanked this post.

But I agree, it isn't the end of the world. Yes, I am disappointed and shocked, but it is what it is. We can do something we haven't done since 2009 and win the SEC.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Liked and Thanked this post.

But I agree, it isn't the end of the world. Yes, I am disappointed and shocked, but it is what it is. We can do something we haven't done since 2009 and win the SEC.
Exactly what I was thinking. That 2009 SECCG was one of my favorite games of all time. And the fact that we're going back is a great feeling.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Exactly what I was thinking. That 2009 SECCG was one of my favorite games of all time. And the fact that we're going back is a great feeling.
I like your positive way of thinking.

If ND is undefeated they will go before us that's tough, that's life. We still have a chance, and let's just wait and see.
Any of the top teams will go ahead of Bama if undefeated.

BamafanNPC

3rd Team
Jan 3, 2007
Pell City, AL
There is still 3 weeks of football left. ND still has USC. They have not played anyone with a potent offense all year. K-state still has Texas, and Oregon still has a couple of games that they could lose. Pressure is now on these three to stay unbeaten. If two lose and we win out, including SECCG over a top 5 team, I think we would be in the NCG. I didn't think it would happen last year but it did. LSU lost on Thanksgiving weekend and still made it to the NCG a couple of years ago. Anything is possible. Tonight was a setback, but this season is not over yet.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yes, tonight was a disappointment. We started off slow and played from behind the entire game. We haven't been used to that situation for a long time. But if everything always went according to plan, what a dull and boring life we would all have. It's just this type of disappointment that gives us the opportunity to make ourselves better. RTR
:biga:

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
Kansas State and Notre Dame do not have conference championships.

Assuming we drop to 4 or maybe even 5 (behind Georgia if 5) in the BCS tomorrow, and we win out including the SECCG vs a top 5 Georgia team, we get in behind Oregon. #1 Oregon, #2 Alabama would be the BCS Championship.

That's just how it would go. Do a little research. The points, rankings, etc, all need to be taken into account. We won't drop far tomorrow and if we go to the SECCG and beat a #5 team well? One-loss SEC Champion takes it over unbeaten KSU or ND, due to Bama playing a 13th game. The BCS likes that.
I haven't lost hope yet, and none of you should either. We don't even need anyone to lose. Just take care of business, and take care of it handily.

Even if we go to the Sugar Bowl and play a silly Big 12 team or whatever, still an amazing season.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
This is precisely why I was against SEC expansion. It was already difficult to run the table and make it to the NC game but adding more teams and more conference games it is going to be even more difficult.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
We've still got a slim shot at the BCS title. Just like last year, let's take care of the rest of our business and see what happens.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.