News Article: Alabama's RB duo surges to South Beach

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/58332/alabamas-rb-duo-surges-to-south-beach

Love this:
“Whoever you play, they’re coming to play, and they’re going to hit you,” Lacy said. “Limiting the carries limits those hits and allows your body to recover.”

That became very obvious in the SEC championship game against Georgia. Those four fresh legs churned out 334 of Alabama’s title-game record 350 rushing yards. The two embarrassed Georgia’s front and left the Bulldogs gassed.

And that’s what the two hope they do against No. 1 Notre Dame in the Discover BCS National Championship. While the Irish own the nation’s No. 4 rushing defense, there’s no doubt this will be a very tall task for that unit.

Thanks to a punishing persona, Alabama is averaging an SEC-best 6.2 yards per carry on designed runs and 4.2 yards before contact. Tide rushers have made it at least 5 yards past the line of scrimmage without being touched on 35.1 percent of their designed runs, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

On designed, downhill runs up the gut, Alabama averages 6.6 yards per carry with about one in every five attempts going for at least 10 yards, according to ESPN Stats & Information.
Ridiculous numbers. We're witnessing something rarely seen in the HISTORY of CFB...

RTR

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
I don"t think Coach Burton Burns gets near the credit he deserves. I know around here his contributions are appreciated. I guess that he isn"t a co-ordinator keeps him out of the asst of the year awards, although I think he is very deserving. RTR

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don"t think Coach Burton Burns gets near the credit he deserves.
I agree 100% - he gets NO PRESS yet he continues to take guys to the next level. Sure, he has ridiculous talent to work with, but a few other schools do, too. Ask yourself this - when was the last time we scored a 'great' RB that turned out to be a dud? Happens everywhere but Alabama. That's coaching.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama has some special backs. No doubt. Look at the season's stats. This offense was awesome. Closing in on 3,000 yards rushing AND passing. Who expected that?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Taking nothing from our backs or coach burns, averaging 4.2 yards before contact seems more like a stat that the O-Line should get credit for than anyone else.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
What should be scary to our rival fans..The recruiting class Coach Saban is putting together in this years class..On paper..Could be our best RB Class we've ever signed..The best just keeps getting better..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.