Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Re: Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

#1. WHO?

#2. Please pay recruits to sign for LSU. This would be delicious to watch.

RTR

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Re: Rapper "Lil Boosie" says LSU needs to keep its recruits from going to Bama...

Darn I thought this was an ancient story with a misspelling about LSU's original Lil Bossy - another nickname for Gov. Huey P. "Kingfish" Long.

But no, Lil Boosie's gotta be 4real, 'cause according to the story

During his time in prison, Boosie garnered much support with the #FreeBoosie hashtag. He was released from prison on March 5, the same day Texas A&M honored him with a football playlist.
#1A WHAT?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I realize it's the offseason but this guy is writing a story about an unknown rapper who is a LSU fan? If I'm a parent of a recruit, I would not suggest he listen to a rapper that just got out of prison. Some of these writers are really hard up for a story. How does Yahoo let this get printed?

crimsonseal12

3rd Team
Aug 10, 2011
Gulfport, Ms

I realize it's the offseason but this guy is writing a story about an unknown rapper who is a LSU fan? If I'm a parent of a recruit, I would not suggest he listen to a rapper that just got out of prison. Some of these writers are really hard up for a story. How does Yahoo let this get printed?
He isn't unknown to the young men in La. On the Day they released him from prison, Cam Robinson, Cameron Sims and Hootie were all very happy about him being released.

But isn't what he said helping LSU recruit? If he is telling all the La football players to go to LSU then that's a violation according to the NCAA.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

He isn't unknown to the young men in La. On the Day they released him from prison, Cam Robinson, Cameron Sims and Hootie were all very happy about him being released.
^^^This ... he is a big deal for those that are hard into hiphop ... especially into rap artists from the South. He's sort of a cult classic of sorts especially with the whole "Free Boosie" campaign.

At the end of the day, I seriously doubt it has any real effect on recruits on where they choose to go. It did work for Uncle Luke though ... but that's another story lol

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

But isn't what he said helping LSU recruit? If he is telling all the La football players to go to LSU then that's a violation according to the NCAA.

How is that a violation? Is it because he is a celebrity? (Granted, I've never heard of him before, but I don't get out much).

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004

How is that a violation? Is it because he is a celebrity? (Granted, I've never heard of him before, but I don't get out much).
It is violation if he is associated with LSU. Who knows, with the criminal history of LSU football players, LSU might might have a school/release program with the prison system

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

Lil Boosie is hardly unknown....he is well known on a national level. Its a story because of the publicity his trial and release has received. His very known and famous, he even had a phone conversation with Jameis Winston the day after FSU won the national title

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Sorry, I guess I'm admittedly out of touch with all things involving rap. Why is this a national story?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.