Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Who is his bias to?
You can always tell with him, that he has a favorite (perhaps it's an individual player like Tebow, or one of the teams playing). Now, I'm sure all broadcasters do. Human beings can't help that. But he's not the best at keeping the audience in the dark about it. It's subtle most of the time, some of the time it's not though. I'm not a fan of it either way.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
If Verne ever retires, I think a good combo for CBS would be Sean McDonough and Gary Danielson. Nessler and Blackledge are the best right now. I can take any announcer except Musburger. He is, and always has been, terrible.
+1 Gray.

Mustardburger drives me crazy - it always seems he is pulling for one team or the other and also suffers from foot in mouth disease at times.

I'm with you on the others you listed.

You can always tell with him, that he has a favorite (perhaps it's an individual player like Tebow, or one of the teams playing). Now, I'm sure all broadcasters do. Human beings can't help that. But he's not the best at keeping the audience in the dark about it. It's subtle most of the time, some of the time it's not though. I'm not a fan of it either way.
I used to think he had a big bias. If he does, he's done well to hide it, at least this season. He did fall in love with Tebow. But man crushes are one thing. I think he does a fantastic job, he's just getting old.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I used to think he had a big bias. If he does, he's done well to hide it, at least this season. He did fall in love with Tebow. But man crushes are one thing. I think he does a fantastic job, he's just getting old.
Oh he's very adept at pointing out things that most broadcasters miss. And I understand getting wrapped up in the hype of a transcendent player like a Tebow. It's JMO that Danielson has a bad habit of going too far with it. JMO, though.

Oh he's very adept at pointing out things that most broadcasters miss. And I understand getting wrapped up in the hype of a transcendent player like a Tebow. It's JMO that Danielson has a bad habit of going too far with it. JMO, though.
Yeah, that's it. He goes too far and I think he has toned it down. Verne is on his last leg though enjoy a good laugh or two when he bumbles and stumbles through things, but Greg is mostly good. I do get upset at times, but right now it's Pollack and Granny I just can't stand.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I have a feeling that a lot of people would think more highly of Danielson's work if he was paired up with Nessler or McDonough. I think Verne brings Danielson down a bit. Verne's strength is calling some of the holes on the back nine at The Masters...not football.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
The crew I miss the most was Franklin and Gottfried back 10-15 years ago. To me they were the crew for Saturday night ESPN Primetime games.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The crew I miss the most was Franklin and Gottfried back 10-15 years ago. To me they were the crew for Saturday night ESPN Primetime games.
Perhaps it's like those who grew up during Keith Jackson's heyday, but for me, those two were it. I grew up in the 90s, and we got satellite TV for the first time in 1996. Ron Franklin had the absolute best voice for it and Gottfried was a great analyst. They were SEC football for me when I was a kid.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Didn't I see Rece Davis announcing a game the other day? Would be cool to have him do our games...nothing wrong with a little homerism. :)
Yes, it was Rece, Jesse Palmer, and David Pollack for the UGA/Nebraska game. Throughout the game, I felt like Jesse and Rece were making very slight digs at Pollock and UGA's expenses by mentioning about how they lost the SECCG or didn't make it to a BCS bowl every few minutes. I thought it was pretty funny.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
Perhaps it's like those who grew up during Keith Jackson's heyday, but for me, those two were it. I grew up in the 90s, and we got satellite TV for the first time in 1996. Ron Franklin had the absolute best voice for it and Gottfried was a great analyst. They were SEC football for me when I was a kid.
I agree. The ones they did that still stand out to me 15+ years later were the '96 game against Auburn and the game in 1997 when LSU beat #1 Florida in Tiger Stadium.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
What?

Ya'll don't like it when Verne says "Touchdown Lou-EEEEEEE-zi-ana State Univeristy"?

:biggrin:

HighTide3

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 11, 2012
Verne doesn't do his homework. If he does, he can't remember it.

Danielson thinks very highly of his own opinion, and he's quite informative. I've grown to like Danielson's analysis, but that's about all I like about Danielson-knowledge and breakdown.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.