Hi! New member here

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
Hi guys
Just joined up on this brilliant forum having read and followed it for ages
As you can see im English (not sure how many foreign fans the team has but im one of them)... i started watching amarican football years ago but started following the Crimson Tide from watching the 2006 Cotton Bowl (didnt really know which bowl to watch and it sounded cool) and the tide dragged me in ... the defence was strong but in all honesty i cant remember much else from the game :)
I watched with hope when Nick Saban took over from the fins and amazment as he turned this team back to the glory days (all the time actually learning what the glory days were with reading and watching all i could about the past)I have been too two games in my time as a fan after a friend i know (who went to the university) invited me including the iron bowl.. i saw one of the craziest rivalrys of all time in front of my eyes in 2008 when we beat down the tigers.... i stayed up to watch the Championship games and celebrated when we got our first heisman trophy winner (and he was drafted to the saints... my NFL team) because it was history i didnt have to read up on i was a fan at that historic moment
anyway enough about me.... i will be hanging around so hope to speak to y'all
Roll Tide

Last edited:

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Hi guysJust joined up on this brilliant forum having read and followed it for agesAs you can see im nglish (not sure how many foreign fans the team has but im one of them)... i started watching amarican football years ago but started following the Crimson Tide from watching the 2006 Cotton Bowl (didnt really know which bowl to watch and it sounded cool) and the tide dragged me in ... the defence was strong but in all honesty i cant remember much else from the game :)I watched with hope when Nick Saban took over from the fins and amazment as he turned this team back to the glory days (all the time actually learning what the glory days were with reading and watching all i could about the past)I have been too two games in my time as a fan after a friend i know (who went to the university) invited me including the iron bowl.. i saw one of the craziest rivalrys of all time in front of my eyes in 2008 when we beat down the tigers.... i stayed up to watch the Championship games and celebrated when we got our first heisman trophy winner (and he was drafted to the saints... my NFL team) because it was history i didnt have to read up on i was a fan at that historic moment anyway enough about me.... i will be hanging around so hope to speak to y'all Roll Tide[/QUOTE Welcome glad to have you here]

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
cant seem to get paragraphs working :(

but thanks guys for having me :)

Long shot but is there any outher english fans out there???

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Here's a warm welcome to you from Birmingham (Alabama).

What part of England are you from, and do you still live across the pond or are you now a resident of the States?

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
Here's a warm welcome to you from Birmingham (Alabama).

What part of England are you from, and do you still live across the pond or are you now a resident of the States?
thank you :)

no i am still living in england :) im from yorkshire in the north of england.... a place called harrogate which is also in tennessee

bobmack12champs

1st Team
Mar 1, 2001
Florence, Al. USA
Hi English, thank you for choosing the Tide...If you're still across the pond, spread the word to your friends.PS..I know the HMS Belfast cruiser has been turned into a museum, but during the Koren conflict,they plucked me out of the water close to Yokouska, Japan. They kept me aboard the rest of the night. My ship, The USS Mountrail APA213 were searching for me.It so happened that I had a letter in my shirt pocket with my ship's add.Thanks to the Brittish navy!

EnglishTideFan

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2012
Hi English, thank you for choosing the Tide...If you're still across the pond, spread the word to your friends.PS..I know the HMS Belfast cruiser has been turned into a museum, but during the Koren conflict,they plucked me out of the water close to Yokouska, Japan. They kept me aboard the rest of the night. My ship, The USS Mountrail APA213 were searching for me.It so happened that I had a letter in my shirt pocket with my ship's add.Thanks to the Brittish navy!
The tide chose me ;)

but Amarican football is growing in England.... we have two shows a week dedicated to NFL,Live NFL sunday and a Live game on Monday.... the only college to make use of this untapped fan base in europe so far is the Irish...... in Ireland unsurprisingly

i have been on HMS Belfast several times... it floats on the thames river in london and is one of the biggest tourist attractions in london now :)

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The tide chose me ;)

but Amarican football is growing in England.... we have two shows a week dedicated to NFL,Live NFL sunday and a Live game on Monday.... the only college to make use of this untapped fan base in europe so far is the Irish...... in Ireland unsurprisingly

i have been on HMS Belfast several times... it floats on the thames river in london and is one of the biggest tourist attractions in london now :)
I think it would be awesome if our Crimson Tide could play a game in London.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.