ELY to South Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: ELY to South Florida

I think had Mcelwain stayed Ely wouldn't even be considering leaving. Nuss however seems determined to have QB's who are more game changers and less game managers. The Nuss QB, in my opinion has to be a very good passer with a strong arm that can make the deep throw.
That's where Ely lacks just a bit and that's why I think he may be headed for a better opportunity for himself.
I don't think he could play QB in the Nuss offensive system.
sip

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
It's the same story every year some QB is going to see the hand writing on the wall and look to transfer. This time next year or the next it will be Morris, McLeod, or Bateman we re talking about. That is the nature of that position at a major program.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I say it will be A.J., Morris, and Bateman next year regardless of Ely staying or not so he kinda sees the writing on the wall. Only reason Bateman wouldn't play over him would be due to him redshirting, otherwise he would probably even be below Sims as well. Kid has to do what he has to do. Wish him luck and hope to see him starting at USF in the future. As bad as I hate to say it, he will have a better chance to play at USF and be closer to home. Like Simms he has his rings now so all he needs is playing time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I like the coaching ladder theory. I can't think that Ely would believe at this point that he had an NFL career ahead, even holding a clipboard...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So........... Is Ely confirmed as leaving/left? The thread title is still in question form.

RTR!!!
The last time he was questioned about it, he said that he wasn't considering a transfer. If there's not a change in the next day or so, we'll delete the thread...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

G Mac is/was a very confident QB and man. In fact, I think G Mac is actually a little more mature while AJ is a tad more goofy. I love them both, but to say AJ is more confident is not a fair assessment.
as intelligent and driven as he is, gmac is probably more mature than i am and i'm more than twice his age. then again, that may not be saying much considering the fact that my children often think i'm ridiculously goofy.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Where does Alec Morris fit?

If Philip Ely does transfer out, then I think its an indication that Morris may have past him on the chart, and he sees himself only slipping further with the new additions in this class.

It happens, in particulr at QB where only one at a time can play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.