January 24-25 Recruiting Weekend

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Alabama will play host to three uncommitted stars for official visits this weekend along with three currently committed players.

Headlining the visitor list for Alabama is five-star cornerback Marlon Humphrey. The Hoover High School product and son of Alabama legend Bobby Humphrey is ranked by 247Sports as the nation's No. 1 cornerback prospect and has remained a high priority for the Crimson Tide throughout the recruiting process as they look to inject more talent into the cornerback position. Humphrey is also considering Florida State, where he officially visited last weekend with his family before driving to Tuscaloosa for a quick unofficial visit on Sunday night. Humphrey also plans to run track at the college level, something that his good friend Tony Brown has already begun doing at Alabama.

Joining Humphrey on the visit will be a pair of defensive stars from the state of Georgia. South Carolina outside linebacker commit Bryson Allen-Williams will take an official visit to Alabama over the weekend with the 6-foot-1, 222-pound defender still looking at a few options as National Signing Day approaches. Allen-Williams is rated a four-star prospect according to the 247Composite rankings and is the nation's No. 8 outside linebacker prospect.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I haven't heard Bryson Allen-Williams' name mentioned much. Is he someone who just wants to use all of his official visits and see the campus or is he a serious prospect that we have a chance to sign?
We could use another OLB type. Not sure where Ronnie clark will fall. Christian Miller might end up in the Mike or Sam.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I haven't heard Bryson Allen-Williams' name mentioned much. Is he someone who just wants to use all of his official visits and see the campus or is he a serious prospect that we have a chance to sign?
We could use another OLB type. Not sure where Ronnie clark will fall. Christian Miller might end up in the Mike or Sam.
If you check out the recruiting page on the AJC, the kid's mom, who's a bit of a social media hound, caused quite the storm by putting out a statement saying her son is firmly committed to Carolina, but will be taking a few trips on other schools' "dimes" to check some places out. I forget which all-star game he played in, but apparently he was the best LB by far.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
If you check out the recruiting page on the AJC, the kid's mom, who's a bit of a social media hound, caused quite the storm by putting out a statement saying her son is firmly committed to Carolina, but will be taking a few trips on other schools' "dimes" to check some places out. I forget which all-star game he played in, but apparently he was the best LB by far.
Hmmm. thanks. I guess if kids want to visit and our coaches will let them, all is fair in recruiting visits. I just hope he doesn't bash us in front of our prospects. If they want a free meal and hotel for a couple of days that bad, maybe they need one.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The news on Dominick Jackson is interesting. I never really expected him to qualify. If he does qualify and he is as good as some people think it add's a very interesting piece to the OL puzzle. From the film I watched the guy is big (obviously) he huscles, and he has what I call focus. He locks in on his guy and want's to bury him. Even as the play finalizes elsewhere he keeps at it. it's like he has a personal grudge against his guy. That sort of thing wears a defender down as the game goes on.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Hmmm. thanks. I guess if kids want to visit and our coaches will let them, all is fair in recruiting visits. I just hope he doesn't bash us in front of our prospects. If they want a free meal and hotel for a couple of days that bad, maybe they need one.
Williams is very close with Brandon Greene, and has pretty much said that is why he is visiting. If that is the case, it's hard to see him coming here to be negative. He does seem firmly committed to USCe, but is an outstanding player. He is kind of a late bloomer, and as someone else, he showed out at the UA game. He is probably just enjoying the recruiting process.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The news on Dominick Jackson is interesting. I never really expected him to qualify. If he does qualify and he is as good as some people think it add's a very interesting piece to the OL puzzle. From the film I watched the guy is big (obviously) he huscles, and he has what I call focus. He locks in on his guy and want's to bury him. Even as the play finalizes elsewhere he keeps at it. it's like he has a personal grudge against his guy. That sort of thing wears a defender down as the game goes on.
That is exactly how Barrett, Steen, Chance, and Fluker were. Most of these OL are just like that which is why I'm so excited about them. I prefer the we're gonna just run your butt over rather than than the zone blocking. We just had a super talented bunch that could do it all. They really spoiled us. Here's to returning to domination.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
That is exactly how Barrett, Steen, Chance, and Fluker were. Most of these OL are just like that which is why I'm so excited about them. I prefer the we're gonna just run your butt over rather than than the zone blocking. We just had a super talented bunch that could do it all. They really spoiled us. Here's to returning to domination.
I believe the formations don't matter - if you control the line of scrimmage, you can run any offense you want. In our 2 losses, we did not control the LOS in key situations. 2013 was the best group of skill players we've ever had IMO, but the OL didn't get it done at key moments and all the accumulated talent of the skill players didn't matter.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
it just seemed to me that the 2013 off line just did not play physical inside the tackles, except for steen. steen i recognized his freshman year that with his aggressive nature he would be a good one, and he has. the rest of the off line seemed like a finesse coached line. only when chad lindsay got a chance did they seem to be physical. i do believe with the recruits coming in good things will happen again.

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Scout reporting that Boston did not get an offer from Alabama during his official visit. I read that as meaning the staff is feeling solid with another player or two that do have offers.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban and Smart will have an in-home visit with Bryson Allen-Williams Wednesday according to Bone. Guess he was impressed.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
He told the AJC that after our visit, he had to go home and pray about his decision. Seems like we've caused a little static in what was supposed to be a done deal.

Saban and Smart will have an in-home visit with Bryson Allen-Williams Wednesday according to Bone. Guess he was impressed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.