Lacy "fumble" on the goal line (pic)

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
You mean other than this view right here?
That view does not show the goal line and the ball crossing it. With that angle the ball could be an inch short. It appears to be touching the line but there is no conclusive view. It cannot be overturned on that view. The view up the goal line was blocked by a player.

PCBamafan

3rd Team
Oct 18, 1999
Panama City, Fl
I know about "IFs", but IF that had been called correctly, and IF the "tipped" pass which led to the blocked FG had been called correctly, and IF we had managed the clock better to end the first half and gotten a TD, this would have been a blowout!

Of course, IF all that had happened, we wouldn't be talking about an Instant Classic and the best SECCG ever!

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Refs had a bad night, no getting around it.
I thought the worst of it occurred during that last drive. I thought UGA practically tackled a Bama D-lineman on both of their big pass plays. It was like there was no way the refs were going to throw a flag no matter how blatant the holding was.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Lacy scored on that play and the UGA back was down at the 1. Doesn't matter. We won.
Neither play had a camera angle straight down the goal line. I thought Eddie was in, but the angle causes some difficulty in determining it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Neither play had a camera angle straight down the goal line. I thought Eddie was in, but the angle causes some difficulty in determining it.
Yep, I thought Lacy may well have gotten in and the pic looks like it was a possibility... but in no way does it really prove anything.

rolltide79

Scout Team
Sep 6, 2010
Burlison, TN
What ticked me off was the side judge running in to spot the ball at the goal line, that would indicate to me where his forward progress had stopped.

brutetough

1st Team
Dec 11, 2010
I don't know if this group of refs hate us, or what's going on. The questionable calls we got when we played ATM were also from this group. head to head called against us, but let go with 2 ATM ones. The taunting every time the ATM players caught a ball were not called either. Somehow, every time I see these guys I put us down 7 before the game even starts....
WRONG... BAD Refs had a very BAD night.
Looked like they bought into the Georgia hype spewed by the 'two bit' announcers.

califbamafan

1st Team
Nov 7, 2005
Rialto, Calif
The worst ref game i ever saw. It looked like they were calling everything against Bama and wanted Geo to win. It sure looked like Lacy scored and the interception toward the end sure looked liked an intercecption. Plus on that last drive many holding penalties not called. They ought to gid rid of this crew forever.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Just for grins, someone ought to go over to ITAT, and tell the booger eaters that. Looked in, for a few minutes, hours ago. The place is burning, with more that the usual crap on how the refs, the announcers, and everyone is helping us. And we cheat, which goes without saying.

Well, despite all of that, and shooting ourselves in the foot, more than once, our crimson warriors pulled it out. Going to sleep isn't going to be easy, and seeing that photo is going to make it all the worse.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
What ticked me off was the side judge running in to spot the ball at the goal line, that would indicate to me where his forward progress had stopped.
I was surprised forward progress was not called there or with Gurley's TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

SABAN

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 29, 2011
The picture is a bit of an illusion. I added a continuation of the goal line geometry, and with that frame of reference it is not near as conclusive as it first seems.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Sadly, the refs kept this one closer than it really should have been.

Screenshots show that Lacy crossed the goal line on the drive that ended with the INT in the end zone. Alabama lost 7 on a bad call.

Georgia's blocked FG came about because of another bad call by the refs on the previous play where UGA's obvious PI was not called due to the "tip" that apparently had no impact on the ball at all.

That alone is a 14 point swing, not to mention the PI would've put Alabama well into UGA territory.

39-21 or 46/42-21 would've been a better indicator of how the game actually went, but oh well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.