JUCO OT Leon Brown signs with Alabama (Enrolling in January)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Is Brown expected to compete for the RT spot that Fluker will probably vacate? I thought that I had seen somewhere that he may require a little more work than what we normally expect from a JUCO guy.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
Is Brown expected to compete for the RT spot that Fluker will probably vacate? I thought that I had seen somewhere that he may require a little more work than what we normally expect from a JUCO guy.
He is expected to compete for it but he has some stiff competition, namely Austin Shepherd.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009
Do EEs get to be involved with any of the National Championship stuff? Practice, travel, or anything like that?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think, even if he arrived before they leave for Miami, that he can't participate in the practices.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
For all that size, he's also very quick. I don't think it will be seemless for LB to step into Fluker's massive shoes but he will definitely compete

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
When Jason Allen enrolled at UT as an EE, he stated that he got to practice for the bowl game and could even get in on a few plays. I don't think his understanding was correct though.
Only in the NHL playoffs can they do something like that. Wait a minute - the what???

MG

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Not for sure Sip, but I hope it has something to do with the fact that CNS sees next year as another championship type year and he knows we might be a tad short on experienced offensive linemen and, in this case, Brown is a bridge from Fluker to Shepherd or some other inexperienced position.

One thing is for sure, with AJ returning and our bad to the bone receiver core and a very young defense that should only get better next year, the O-line is the one group that may hold the keys to another championship in their hands!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Not for sure Sip, but I hope it has something to do with the fact that CNS sees next year as another championship type year and he knows we might be a tad short on experienced offensive linemen and, in this case, Brown is a bridge from Fluker to Shepherd or some other inexperienced position.

One thing is for sure, with AJ returning and our bad to the bone receiver core and a very young defense that should only get better next year, the O-line is the one group that may hold the keys to another championship in their hands!
Well I know Offensive tackle in particular is one position where you don't like inexperience unless you have an extremely gifted youngster like Cyrus K.
Since most Juco players are Division 1 guys who didn't qualify grade wise...I guess it makes sense to look for one of the highest rated JC OT's. That's almost like signing a five star out of high school except with two years of experience under his belt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.