Link: SN: Father of Manti Te'o urges people to not read hometown newspaper

You didn't say anything about them being relevant in your post, at all. But they weren't really relevant, you are right. We were getting smoked. But I mean they are in the books, I don't know what you want me to tell you. LOL, Notre Dame does not write the statistics down man.

It's moot point now. It didn't hurt his draft stock really, so I am glad for him. Dad's got to stay out of the picture at this point IMO, Manti is a big boy. If some team wastes their draft pick on him and he doesn't pan out, he will be getting much more flack, I'm sure.
Not playing in the Senior Bowl won't do him any favors, either. It's coming out now he's declined the invitation to play in that game.

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
Not playing in the Senior Bowl won't do him any favors, either. It's coming out now he's declined the invitation to play in that game.
True. But really I thought the senior bowl was for guys who weren't already solidified in the draft, or who really needed to improve their stock. Manti is going in the top 20 no matter what. Risk of injury, IMO, outweighs moving up a couple of spots.

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
True. But really I thought the senior bowl was for guys who weren't already solidified in the draft, or who really needed to improve their stock. Manti is going in the top 20 no matter what. Risk of injury, IMO, outweighs moving up a couple of spots.
no way he goes that high. I remember another overrated ND player a few years back named Brady Quinn. He was projected in the top ten and slipped to a late first round pick. If you say he goes in the top 20 it's more like middle of the second round. I may be wrong but he just doesn't impress me. Not even close to Dont'a Hightower and he went to the patriots who had one of the late picks in the first round. And Courtney Upshaw went in the second round. Is he even big enough to be a backer in the NFL?

FriendlyIrish

3rd Team
Nov 22, 2012
no way he goes that high. I remember another overrated ND player a few years back named Brady Quinn. He was projected in the top ten and slipped to a late first round pick. If you say he goes in the top 20 it's more like middle of the second round. I may be wrong but he just doesn't impress me. Not even close to Dont'a Hightower and he went to the patriots who had one of the late picks in the first round. And Courtney Upshaw went in the second round. Is he even big enough to be a backer in the NFL?
CBS has him at 9. Kiper has him at 6. McShay has him somewhere around 10-16 I think. Most have him healthily within the top 20, and his BCS performance is already priced in.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
CBS has him at 9. Kiper has him at 6. McShay has him somewhere around 10-16 I think. Most have him healthily within the top 20, and his BCS performance is already priced in.
I'll be looking to see where he's chosen. In a weird, backwards sort of way, the higher he's chosen, the more it becomes a greater tribute to the Bama OL. On almost every play, Jones was taking care of Nix alone, so MT was having to deal with some combination of Warmack, Steen and/or Fluker. As we say in the South, that's not an easy row to hoe...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Well if nothing else he would provide the broadcast some really great sideline shots where he is displaying this or that emotion in reponse to something somewhere. Sort of like NBC did all season long.

Simply one of the best marketing campaigns I've ever witnessed. Fascinating really.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
They obviously saw something in the BCS Game that the rest of the world missed.
Teams can pay outrageous amounts for players that don't pan out.
(Think NY Jets buying Tebow...)

I do expect that Te'o will pan out for some team, but I'd think it would be more likely he go in the Second Round.

I'm not drinking the 'Green KoolAid'... I think it's 'Overrated'.

Last edited:

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004
Ah, come on. Manti Te'o had a great run at Notre Dame. With all the heart break this young man had give him a break. The paper should have run something a little more favorable ATLEAST. Excuse me for being a softie. RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.