Longshot: BCSNCG could be Bama vs Florida/LSU/SCar

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
Jesse was saying that Mettenberger made NFL caliber throws and their receivers made one handed impossible catches..etc. Saying that not every team could do that, he wasn't worried about the defense.

Then David said that we could have been exposed and mentioned all the lsu mistakes. He said that if Georiga played well on all sides of the ball, they could beat Bama and get to the BCSCG.

And all those things are right. Georgia CAN beat Bama. Why do you people always expect every single analyst to be Alabama cheerleaders??

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Very very slim...like slim to none.

LSU is out of it with two losses.

USC/UF would need all the undefeateds not named Alabama, to lose and even then, SOS will rule which probably puts ND or possibly KSU still in the mix and likely in over any one-loss SEC team.
Media will not allow another SEC vs. SEC matchup.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Looking at the new BCS rankings that were just released, there's a small possibility that the NCG could be SEC vs SEC again. How it could happen:

Oregon finishes the regular season undefeated, but goes down to USC in the P12CG
K-State stumbles in one of their last three games
ND is defeated by USC in their final game

Bama vs UGA in the SECCG would knock GA down (assuming we win), which would make Florida #2 (assuming they win out), LSU #2 if Florida drops a game, or S.Car #2 if the previous 2 drop a game.

Do I think it will happen? Probably not, but it would be fun to play UGA and Florida this season.
It's very unlikely that Oregon will face USC again. Saturday gave the Trojans 3 conference losses which is almost guaranteed to keep them out of the Pac 10 Championship.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I was cheering for undefeated teams to lose, mainly because it left a narrow opening for Alabama to lose (for instance if they, Oregon and Notre Dame all lost last week, Alabama would not have fallen far at all) and still play for the NC. Now, I think that point is behind us.
Personally, I'm hoping Alabama plays Notre Dame. That would be a huge game, and I don't think they are dangerous as Oregon. So, I think I'll be pulling for Notre Dame from here on out. I think Florida might be more dangerous anyway.
I gotta say I'm surprised that ND has played as well as they have. (Not a fan)
TIDE-HSV nailed it when he said we owe ND one. I'd really like to see that one come to pass.
We would get a bonus of seeing Lou Holtz trying to avoid a stoke when the Irish lost...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
And all those things are right. Georgia CAN beat Bama. Why do you people always expect every single analyst to be Alabama cheerleaders??
I must be one of the 'YOU PEOPLE' your talking about.
I do expect analyst to talk about us in a positive fashion when we are undefeated,
and have played well.

The 'YOU PEOPLE' tag may sell well in NY, but it's not a starter in ALABAMA...

Last edited:

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
KSU and ND have a tough time without a conference championship game. I'd love to see Alabama-Oregon just to see the clash of styles.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
The powers that be will move heaven and earth to prevent another all-SEC BCSNCG.

But with 5 SEC teams in the top 10, I started imagining how great it would be if there was an SEC team in each of the top 5 bowls... and we swept them all. That might shut some people up about how we are "over-rated" as a conference!

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
I must be one of the 'YOU PEOPLE' your talking about.
I do expect analyst to talk about us in a positive fashion when we are undefeated,
and have played well.

The 'YOU PEOPLE' tag may sell well in NY, but it's not a starter in ALABAMA...
If you think Alabama doesnt get talked about in a positive fashion, then you should change your name to Ole Senile Man Dan. I see nothing but love day in and day out. A commentator saying that Georgia could beat Bama somehow means we arent getting repsect? Lsu COULD HAVE beaten Bama. Florida could beat Bama.. Georgia COULD beat Bama. Oregon COULD beat Bama. Texas A&M COULD beat Bama.
Do you expect every analyst to say Bama is the best team that there ever was and nobody could ever beat them?

P.S.
Auburn cant beat Bama

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Assuming we make it to the title game (and you should never assume this else you set yourself up for misery -- ask any LSU fan) ...

For Florida to get in... Bama runs the table, UGA has to lose big to Bama (and I mean BIG!!! as in 80-0), all undefeateds besides Bama get beat soundly (ND just has to be beaten), UF runs their table ... then that one could happen.

For SC to get in ... Same as above except UF gets soundly trounced by FSU and doesn't perform well at all against ULL, JaxSt, all undefeateds lose two of the last games of the season, SC runs their table AND wins big in all of them.

For LSU to get in ... they may deserve a shot but it aint happening. Can't happen. Truly impossible unless teams actually die and I won't go there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.