*** QB Cooper Bateman Commits to Alabama *** (See Page 18)

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL
There may already be a thread on Bateman. I haven't been on in a while so I'm not sure, but I apologize if there is.

It looks like he is our top target at this point. His highlights are very impressive. I honestly feel like he's one of the top three or four QBs in the country. I'm on my phone so can't link it, but you can find them on YouTube.

He names no favorites, but a writer for Scout had something interesting to say about him today. He said that while CB didn't name any favorites out of respect towards all the schools recruiting him, he definitely got the vibe Bama may be the team to beat. He said he could have wrote a whole article from the kid's comments about his visit and that the kid seemed enamored with CNS.

Last edited:

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas
Re: QB Cooper Bateman Updates

He was gushing about campus and the athletic facilities. I really think we have a great chance at getting him. He wants to commit before the summer, so it will happen soon.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

I have also heard though he wants to play in front of his family and friends. That staying close to home mya win out in the end for his services.
As western schools are concerned, I feel Utah and Washington are the biggest threats. However, I get the feeling he really wants to play in the SEC. He's not Mormon, so BYU won't really be a factor, nor will a potential mission trip.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like our best option at quarterback at the moment, and he seems very high on us.

We'll see how this one works out, but I'm still kind of leery. It's refreshing to hear him speak highly of us, but he's literally about 2,000 miles away from T'town. That alone is going to make this one very tough.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

According to a BOL article, Bateman says he will return in June to throw for our coaches. I'm sure many of you already know this, but for those who don't, Coach Saban will not allow a QB to commit unless he has seen them throw in person. We'll have to see if he ends up making that trip.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

According to a BOL article, Bateman says he will return in June to throw for our coaches. I'm sure many of you already know this, but for those who don't, Coach Saban will not allow a QB to commit unless he has seen them throw in person. We'll have to see if he ends up making that trip.
This is generally the case, but I get the feeling that Max Browne and Cooper Bateman were the top two QBs on the board. They would be the only ones that could commit on the spot. That's just my opinion though.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I like the looks for this kid in his video. Has good arm strength, throws the deep ball well and has good pocket presense. The pro-style offense they run appears to be similar to ours - most plays I saw were from the Pistol. I would take him right now and I hope the interest is mutual.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011

If Bateman is Saban's choice, that is great. But I prefer a kid at QB who understands the Friday night lights of the Deep South and all that goes with it. I'll take Texas, also.

CapstoneGrad06

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2006
Houston, Texas

If Bateman is Saban's choice, that is great. But I prefer a kid at QB who understands the Friday night lights of the Deep South and all that goes with it. I'll take Texas, also.

I don't care if the kid is from Lyon, France. If he can play, that's all that matters.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.