Coach does matter too!!

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I know everyone is geared up about getting the top recruits...but when it's all said and done, isn't the coach the most important part of this...I mean, I have seen teams have top classes, and nothing comes out of it. So I say this to say, we have the best coach in the country, so getting a 3 instead of a 5 start player shouldn't matter with the coach we have...IJS...RTR.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
While that's true and all, I'd rather have the best of the best coached by Saban and Company over UAB's finest coached by Saban and Company.

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
While that's true and all, I'd rather have the best of the best coached by Saban and Company over UAB's finest coached by Saban and Company.
Totally agree...not settling, was just saying if we did get the 3 star player, because of our coaches, we would be ok. I'm always expecting and wanting the best, but as we all know, just because they come in as 4/5 stars, doesn't always work on the field.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
I agree with the general idea that coaching trumps recruiting rankings, but i just wanted to add that our coaching staff's board is not the same as the recruiting sites. Just one current example, but we have gone hard after Brian Wallace and he isn't rated as a top player by most sites, but he has been there behind Cam on our board all year. Same can be said of other ppl over the years (specifically thinking of some highly rated kids we've passed on).

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Totally agree...not settling, was just saying if we did get the 3 star player, because of our coaches, we would be ok. I'm always expecting and wanting the best, but as we all know, just because they come in as 4/5 stars, doesn't always work on the field.
The key is getting the players the coaches want regardless of the star rating. Their evaluation of the type players they need for each position far outweighs the opinions of the "guru's". CNS always has a "plan B" in case the top choice doesn't work out that will bring in someone else that will also fit into our program.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
I know everyone is geared up about getting the top recruits...but when it's all said and done, isn't the coach the most important part of this...I mean, I have seen teams have top classes, and nothing comes out of it. So I say this to say, we have the best coach in the country, so getting a 3 instead of a 5 start player shouldn't matter with the coach we have...IJS...RTR.

Even Saban will tell you that you need good players to beat good teams. Coaching does matter, but rarely can you take a less talented team and beat a talented team consistently.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
neither do all 3 stars.
But, if you look at the 3 star kids that coach Saban brings in. A lot of them are really diamonds in the rough, and coach Saban can spot them better than the recruiting services. I remember one of the services had Mark Ingram as a 3 star kid. I believe he took to the program pretty well :). Just My Opinion.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.