Link: TE Brenden Scales Decommits from Alabama, Signs With Missouri

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: *** TE Brenden Scales Commits to Alabama ***

Some internet chatter that he may not be apart of this class. Just a heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Scales just decommited from Bama and committed to Missouri. Didn't want to greyshirt?

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Well you do hear these kids say now....I gonna play three or four years at ____. You don't hear redshirt. I think more and more kids want to go somewhere and play even though having some extra time to develop would be a good thing. We are clearly making room but I can't recall Alabam having this many openings and potential drama in a very long time. Could be an interesting day tomorrow.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

If there was any doubt on the reason for Scales' change of heart ... From St. Louis story:

"As Scales neared his decision, it didn’t hurt Mizzou’s cause that Alabama had changed its plans for Scales. The Crimson Tide coaches asked him about taking a grayshirt for the upcoming season, meaning he could attend the school at his own costs but wouldn’t go on scholarship until after the 2016 season.
“I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s not for me,’” he said. “I had been committed for nine months and I thought that was something they could have told me before.”

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

If there was any doubt on the reason for Scales' change of heart ... From St. Louis story:

"As Scales neared his decision, it didn’t hurt Mizzou’s cause that Alabama had changed its plans for Scales. The Crimson Tide coaches asked him about taking a grayshirt for the upcoming season, meaning he could attend the school at his own costs but wouldn’t go on scholarship until after the 2016 season.
“I was like, ‘Yeah, that’s not for me,’” he said. “I had been committed for nine months and I thought that was something they could have told me before.”
Yeah, I'll go play at Mizzou in August and achieve nothing or I can wait until January (and literally do nothing until then) and probably have a ring or three.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.