Auburn Announces the Trees Will Be Rolled One Last Time on April 20

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I actually feel kind of bad for their fans (their older fans more so than their younger ones). While I think it's a dumb tradition altogether, it's still a tradition to them, and now it is being taken away. It was bound to happen with or without the help of Updyke though the way they hydro blasted them, so it looks like it's their problem.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually feel kind of bad for their fans (their older fans more so than their younger ones). While I think it's a dumb tradition altogether, it's still a tradition to them, and now it is being taken away. It was bound to happen with or without the help of Updyke though the way they hydro blasted them, so it looks like it's their problem.
It wasn't a tradition for their older fans...

Capt. Jack

Suspended
Jun 20, 2006
"Rolling the corner is a uniquely Auburn tradition..."

Apart from the poor grammar, that's still hilarious.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
They are an AG school, cant they transplant trees ?
Think that's what they're planning. I hope they choose a species more fitted to the climate than live oaks, which generally range well south of there. However, knowing them, they will replace with the same...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Think that's what they're planning. I hope they choose a species more fitted to the climate than live oaks, which generally range well south of there. However, knowing them, they will replace with the same...
Maybe they could go with fake cell phone tower trees. At least they could make up for some of the lost revenues due to the drop in ticket sales.

ganu76

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 24, 2010
I don' feel sorry for any of those yahoos. It is further evidence that those folks are nothing more than a delusional cult.

That's what the rest of the entire nation thinks about Bama fans.

I for one *DO* hate that this transplant Texan named Updyke came into MY state and messed with OUR rivalry with Auburn.

He's just some lonely old man who wanted to be a part of something because daddy didn't put down the bottle long enough to spend time with him.

I can't understand why ANYONE would condone this outsider's involvement with OUR state's rivalry.

Roll Tide but screw Updyke.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.