Worried (hope the team is prepared)

single wing1

Suspended
Oct 11, 2005
I hope the Florida loss will get the team's attention. ND has great motivation

to beat the SEC's power hype. Florida was flat and the Cardinals super pumped.

We are 1-5 against the Irish so we must not be overconfident.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Worried

Makes no difference. I'm sure Oklahoma thought they were going to smash Florida after seeing Alabama wet the bed in the Sugar Bowl a few years back. Conferences don't win games, teams win games...and teams win games by matchups and performance.

Rocknrolltide

1st Team
Aug 15, 2007
Foley, AL

You say "we" like we're actually playing in the game. We're just fans. I'm pretty sure Saban reminds them daily they can be beat. Honestly, if it takes Florida losing to get the Bama players attention then we have worse problems than we know of.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Worried

RGW is right. Besides, LSU and UF just didn't care, and Les Miles cost LSU big time. Yes, MSU got waxed but it will not affect our performance. I seriously doubt coach lets them watch the games anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BornABamaFan

2nd Team
Nov 22, 2011
Brandon,MS

We have been the hunted for 13 straight games. Our team has had a target on it's back ALL year. LSU & Fla (as well as UGA&SC) found out that being the hunted against a team that has nothing to lose ISN'T so easy. Every team that has faced Bama has had an INSTANT "bowl game" and brought their best against us(well don't know if Auburn counts-but I think that was their best). This will be Bama's 14th "Bowl Game" of the year against an UNDEFEATED #1 ranked team. If they are nothing but FOCUSED--I'll be shocked!!

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

You say "we" like we're actually playing in the game. We're just fans. I'm pretty sure Saban reminds them daily they can be beat. Honestly, if it takes Florida losing to get the Bama players attention then we have worse problems than we know of.
To be fair, most everyone here uses the term "we" when discussing Bama football.

To the OP's point - I'm not worried about this team's motivation. I haven't seen complacency at any time this year. Suddenly we are gonna be flat for the national championship? With a chance to be THE team that seals history and secure a dynasty?

Nah, no way...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I've heard Alabama is staying at Fountainebleu, one of the nicest hotels/clubs in Miami. I'd be more worried about that rumor of lodging assignment by the bowl committee than what LSU, MSU, and Florida have done lately.

FYI, I'm not too terribly worried because I'm sure Saban is going to keep them locked away from all the rappers and musicians hanging around there this weekend.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010

If the fans were in charge, I'd be worried. Thankfully, Coach Saban is running the show.

It's a little ridiculous to disrespect an opponent like undefeated #1 Notre Dame, which has only surrendered 10 TDs all year on defense. They are good and they are hungry. Brian Kelly is an excellent coach and he will have ND ready.

Coach Saban repeatedly says that "fans are part of the team." As part of the team (per our leader :)), I'll do as he does and respect Notre Dame. I'm not “worried,” but expect an epic battle in Miami.

Last edited:

markenk

1st Team
Aug 3, 2003
England

I'm not worried, but sure am concerned about our lack of success in third down areas. I don't share the optimism that most of you have that we will win handily given that the team's focus is not lost. I think this will be a hard fought game and there will be more nail biting moments like we had against LSU, TAM and Georgia.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I'll paraphrase what one coach said when his team had its next game against a team that had just won a major upset:

Reporter: Are you worried about this game?

Coach: No

Reporter: Didn't you see what happened to Florida?

Coach: Yep.

Reporter: then why ain't you worried

Coach: 'Cause we ain't Florida

Perrett4Bama

All-American
Aug 28, 2001
Panama City, Florida

I've said WE when describing Alabama football from elementary school (late seventies) through the UGA game and when talking about the upcoming NC game that WE are going to win and will say it till I die.......It's just in my blood.......I cannot wait until WE beat Notre Dame for # 15.....yes Rocknrolltide, WE......me, YOU and all our Tidefans brothers and sisters...WE.
Roll Tide......;)

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

I'm not worried, but sure am concerned about our lack of success in third down areas. I don't share the optimism that most of you have that we will win handily given that the team's focus is not lost. I think this will be a hard fought game and there will be more nail biting moments like we had against LSU, TAM and Georgia.
Dude, you're just too close to Ireland! :biggrin: Bama will roll! :BigA:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

I kinda thought Louisville would upset Florida for two reasons. (1) Louisville can score, (2) Florida's offense has stunk all season.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this one.

I thought going in that it might be a replay of Bama-Utah and sure enough it was. No way Florida could be fired up, Louisville with everything to prove.

sip

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Eh, it happens. This is why I'm not an SEC guy. I mean, it's cool but I'm an Alabama guy. It just so happens that Bama is in the rugged SEC.
Im with you no SEC fan here at all.

Just be cool Bama has done this before.

BTW did you see how the Cards fans outnumbered the Gators?

No way Bama fams give up the house like that.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Yeah, what was up with that? That was a joke.
With all respect to Bazza a Real Gator fan, a lot of them are very fair weathered. I was surprised. Maybe if they changed their name to The Fighting Tebows it would help.

I know a lot of them will be ND fans on Monday Night but that's ok.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.