Link: Say it isn't so - white helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
While we're at it, why don't we get crimson and white striped jerseys similar to the style the Steelers wore a couple of weeks ago? :rolleyes:
lol.
Anyone remember the Shaun Alexander proposed uniform? It was pink or something. The tackiest thing ever described, but he was serious.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
The A on the helmet has the trademark symbol on it, no way that happens on a real uniform. You don't need to trademark the stuff you own.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
saban would never let it happen...he often talks about the tradition of alabama right down to the uniforms in interviews. it wont happen
We don't do gimmicks at Alabama.
A. It's not untraditional.
B. It's not a gimmick.

We wore white helmets up until the mid-80's. I don't understand why bringing them back would go against tradition, since we actually did wear them at one time in our history. I don't necessarily want to see us wear them, I prefer what the way we look right now, but I've never understood the argument that it goes against our tradition.

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
Even if Alabama did go to white helmets for a game, they would most likely have a crimson stripe and crimson numerals, as was the case in the 60's, early 70's and early 80's.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
A. It's not untraditional.
B. It's not a gimmick.

We wore white helmets up until the mid-80's. I don't understand why bringing them back would go against tradition, since we actually did wear them at one time in our history. I don't necessarily want to see us wear them, I prefer what the way we look right now, but I've never understood the argument that it goes against our tradition.
Glad you pointed this out as I was about to point out the same. Not that I believe we'll wear them Saturday. But it shouldn't elicit a reaction that indicates it violates something sacred as we have worn them before. I'm ok with it but again I doubt it will happen. And it is easy to mock one of these up to start a rumor. I honestly think we would have heard about it if they were going to do this to get the Bama nation prepared for it.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The white doesn't bother me - its that script A. I wouldn't have even posted it but coming from Chase gave it some degree of credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smohabbat

Scout Team
Oct 13, 2011
i might be in the minority but I am in favor of bringing back the original white helmets with the red stripe down the middle and red numbers. not these ones though with the script A.

wish we weren't wearing our white jerseys saturday...don't like them very much.

and just fyi, saban did do the nike combat jersey against ms st a couple of years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.