Visited Coach Bryant's grave

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
last weekend and I must say it did look as if it has been attended to recently. I put the crystal elephants back on the tombstone that were unfastened. Looks like a homeless person could eat a decent meal with all the change laying around the foot marker, I wonder what's up with all the change being thrown down?

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Re: Visited Coach Bryants grave

Security that works there told me a story a couple of years ago that was pretty neat. Said a young lady/girl, who was dying, one of her final requests was to be buried as close to Coach Bryant as possible. Said the only way to accommodate this request was to bury her across the trail/road, from him. Ironically, she was and AU fan. True story as told to me.
His greatness, in her mind, transcended the hate this rivalry continues to ascend to.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
last weekend and I must say it did look as if it has been attended to recently. I put the crystal elephants back on the tombstone that were unfastened. Looks like a homeless person could eat a decent meal with all the change laying around the foot marker, I wonder what's up with all the change being thrown down?
Obama said change was in the air :)

markbris

Aug 27, 2012
Someone I know has been there recently as well and I thought he had told me it was quarters around it as in "4 quarters"

tide13

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 18, 2002
Birmingham
Was there this afternoon. Crystal elephants are still in place. It was an odd collection of change, a few shakers and a Coke bottle. Was told that here had been a bag of Golden Flake chips, but its no longer there.

I love how simple the gravesite is. Just like our uniforms -- classic...

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
Bear always did like those Golden Flake chips. I imagine after Jan. 7th that there will be many more adornments around his grave.

TUSKaloosa

3rd Team
Aug 18, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Bear always did like those Golden Flake chips. I imagine after Jan. 7th that there will be many more adornments around his grave.
Coke and Golden Flake, "Great pair says the Bear." I used to love to watch his show on Sundays. "Bingo, that's a goodie."
I also used to like to watch Shug after the ironbowl. He would say, 'well overall our guys played pretty good," after they had just lost by 30 points.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.