Pick the Score: Alabama vs. Texas A&M

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I still cannot believe that game Saturday night in Death Valley, but it is AM and Johnny Football (I don't understand that nickname, but I disgress) week. They can put up some points so this will be another battle. If we win this game, we go to Atlanta so I see our guys coming out strong Saturday afternoon. This team can play through adversity plus we get them at home.

Bama wins 34-17

Last edited:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
This is a hard one to pick. I wonder what injuries we have and who will be back this week..like Cooper..etc.

Johnny football is a great QB, but are we going on the last two games. Auburn can make anyone look fantastic, and MSU had the spirit broken against us. When he played good defenses he struggled. I watched the game last week, and MSU can't tackle.

I think our defense will watch film from their game and realize how they could do better, especially on 3rd down. We need a spy on the QB and force him to throw, let's just hope their defense can't stop us.

So I say....Bama Wins 34-20. I can see him hitting big play here and there.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
You can throw out the Florida game that was his first game starting and the first game for the team in a new offense. They are a better team now. I have to tip my hat to Kevin Sumlin this offense looks nothing like his Houston offense and they seem to be trying to play some D. I believe we win by 10 points but I believe we give up some points. 38-28

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Emotional win Sat and a few players banged up. Gigantic bulls-eye on our back…. This game is the one that has worried me the most coming on the heels of MSU and LSU. So, we win but it's very close.

BAMA 31

TAM- 24

RTR!!!!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You can throw out the Florida game that was his first game starting and the first game for the team in a new offense. They are a better team now. I have to tip my hat to Kevin Sumlin this offense looks nothing like his Houston offense and they seem to be trying to play some D. I believe we win by 10 points but I believe we give up some points. 38-28

I give Sumlin huge props. He has his team to a level, where no one wants to play them. They are a dangerous team.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I think A&M will mostly be looking for passing to their RB's and running via their QB, with a sprinkling of WR passes stretching the field. We have to keep a spy on the QB.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Playing a well rested, revenge minded LSU at death valley in a night game might be the hardest game of the year.
A&M worries me some but they haven't had a bye week in a while and this will be their 3rd straight road game.
And they certainly don't have the defense of an LSU, we should be able to run and pass on them.
I think CJ Mosley can help contain Jonny Football and our defense will be out to make a statement.

35-13 for the good guys.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
This is a hard one to pick. I wonder what injuries we have and who will be back this week..like Cooper..etc.

Johnny football is a great QB, but are we going on the last two games. Auburn can make anyone look fantastic, and MSU had the spirit broken against us. When he played good defenses he struggled. I watched the game last week, and MSU can't tackle.

I think our defense will watch film from their game and realize how they could do better, especially on 3rd down. We need a spy on the QB and force him to throw, let's just hope their defense can't stop us.

So I say....Bama Wins 34-20. I can see him hitting big play here and there.
I still cannot get over all those missed tackles. It was baffling. I hope they get that fixed soon. It hadn't really been that big of a problem so far this year.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Going strictly by the numbers based on previous performance:

Alabama 36 (you average scoring 15 more points per game than other teams allow - they allow 21 ppg)
aTm 26 (you average allowing other teams 19 points less than they score - they score 45 ppg)

BTW, if you go by aTm stats, the score would be 30-30.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I understand aTm has put up some points... However, if you take a closer look, the put up 58 on Arky, BAMA put up 52 in the rain... They put up 63 on AU, who hasn't lit up AU like a cheap Vegas whore? They put up 38 against Miss St, so did BAMA. UF & LSU held them under 20. Over all they average 36 points in SEC play. Throw out the AU & Arky, its 25 points. At most I see them putting up their average less AU & Arky.

Now look at the aTm defense... in SEC play it hasn't been bad, giving up 19 points a game. However, they haven't played an offense like ours. They give up 132 yards a game on the ground. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why Miss St quit running as they were moving the ball early. They give up 240+ yards through the air per game.

All that said, BAMA 37 aTm 24 (If we get an early TO from Manziel, BAMA 37-10)

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Manziel is going to be a tougher challenge than Robinson because he is a much more accurate passer. When Robinson heads out of the box his chances of an accurate pass are much lower than what we should see from Manziel.

I think in the end we will see our nickel package on the field most of the game and Sunseri and Mosley will both have great games.

They did allow a ranked LA Tech to put up 57 against them in a 59-57 victory. The barely beat Ole Miss and lost to Florida and LSU, but they stomped the old middle section of the West in Arkansas AND Auburn (while at rock bottom) and whipped an emotionally spent MSU last week.

The odds are very low they can pull off a victory. I say 28-10. This should not be a really close game, but not like LSU either.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
If Bama comes out with a sense of urgency in the 3rd and we score at all the game is at hand IMO. We had LSU down 14-3 and let up. If we had scored the game could have gotten ugly quick and I also believe given the circumstances LSU played their absolute best game which TX A&M although good will and cannot match. My prediction if we score in the 3rd quarter.

Bama 38-14.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
We're banged up and just played an intense slobber-knocker so I think that will affect Bama some in this game but it won't be enough for the aggies to win.
TAMU is for sure a feisty & dangerous team with a talented rb and probably a future Heisman contender qb that is the heart and soul of their team. Their defense however, is allowing lots of points and yardage, from inferior opponents which will likely do them in against Bama.

I think they'll get some plays on us, as their offense is potent and we're a tired team. Their two losses came against superior opponents, UF and LSU, who both managed to hold the Aggie offense to under 20 pts and I think Bama's defense will do the same.
Bama will likely play "keep-away" controlling the game offensively with long drives, so that Johnny Football stays on the bench and our defense gets some rest.

35 BAMA
20 TAMU

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
34-17 :BigA:

I expect TAMU to come out in their fast paced offense and get on the board.
TAMU is a good team. We are a better team.

We will try to contain their running game and make 'Lil Johnny' beat us throwing the ball.
Pressure on the QB should allow us to intercept a couple of passes.
If we can make TAMU one dimensional we send them home with a loss.

TAMU will try to use the same game plan against us...
(I don't expect TJ Yeldon to buy into that plan)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.