Early NFL Combine Results

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Fluker did 21 reps on the bench. This was a fairly low number but he has shed 19 lbs in a few weeks so the low reps are not a huge deal.

Warmack did not participate in Bench.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
» Chance Warmack was a little bit smaller than expected. He measured in at 6-foot-2 and weighed 317 pounds. In the past five NFL drafts, nine interior offensive linemen were selected in the first round. Danny Watkins, the Philadelphia Eagles' 2011 selection, was the shortest of the nine, measuring in at 6-3 3/8. However, any concerns about Warmack's lack of height were quickly alleviated when his arm length was measured at 34 3/4 inches.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000143694/article/chance-warmack-smaller-than-expected-meet-luke-marquardt

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
I was surprised by the mention of this year's crop of TE's in that article, but no mention of Michael Williams. The guy even said the TE from Cincinnati was "by far the best blocking TE" :confused:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Fluker did 21 reps on the bench. This was a fairly low number but he has shed 19 lbs in a few weeks so the low reps are not a huge deal.

Warmack did not participate in Bench.
Long arms definitely hurts in bench performance. You simply have to lift the weight higher than a guy with shorter arms.
That's why most weightlifters are short stocky guys. It's easier for them to lift more.

I am however going to be disappointed a bit if Jesse listens to his agent and doesn't attempt to break the all time record because I think he would smash it. That would help him a bunch as far as moving up.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
Anybody have any interesting results to post? Seems like we usually had more talk about the combine on the Football board than this...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
McCaleb ran a 4.29

Didn't realize he's only 5'10", 168 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now you know why he's always running for the sideline. :D I read an interview with him and he's a "hard gainer." If he doesn't eat like a horse, weight just falls off him...

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I was surprised by the mention of this year's crop of TE's in that article, but no mention of Michael Williams. The guy even said the TE from Cincinnati was "by far the best blocking TE" :confused:
Michael Williams seems like a guy who could have dominated in college more than he did. I seem to recall the coaches commenting that he needed to play bigger or stronger? If he had more of a mean streak it would have helped him. A DB should never take the ball away from a guy Michaels size. JMHO

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.