Where Alabama Football is Today !!!!

T-boy

BamaNation Citizen
May 1, 2010
While listening to or watching the various TV and Radio Sports Talk Shows it is obvious that Alabama Football is alone at the top and where most everyone else is trying to catch up.

Things like Alabama will finish number one in the Nation in Recruiting for 4 of the last 5 years which is absolutely amazing and down right ridiculous.

Every year Alabama doesn't recruit, they just select who they want.

Buck says, Tunsil went to Ole Miss to be part of something special and Kincaid says, " being down to Bama by 30 isn't all that special.

Its like the 12 year old that can't play little league because he is so good, that's what it is like with Alabama football.

Its ridiculous, Alabama is loaded at running back and then signs 4 new running backs that are all in the top 100 players in the entire country.

OK, lets skip Alabama because they always finish number one but who else did well in the SEC.

Good time being a Bama fan.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'm afraid after the three-peat, the NCAA will put in place a new Saban rule:

Any team playing Alabama is spotted seven points at the first of the game.

They will disguise this move, and say it applies to any team/coach who three-peats, but we will know why it was put in place. ;)

luvthat_TIDE

All-SEC
Aug 10, 2004

They will disguise this move, and say it applies to any team/coach who three-peats, but we will know why it was put in place. ;)

Per Half

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
If Alabama is winning in 2013 and having another season like 2011 and 2012, don't be surprised if the NCAA and/or the voters don't try to come up with a way to keep us out of the big game. I remember it happening twice to us in 1966 and 1977. The bias was staggering and so hypocritical, it was absolutely disgusting.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Good thing the computers don't care about preventing a three-peat.
When the four-team playoff system goes into effect, and the four teams are selected by some mysterious "committee", I doubt the computers will help us.

WalkaboutSean

1st Team
Nov 23, 2010
I am also concerned about the "selection committee" - it injects even more human bias into the process.

I think they will use the four playoff slots to include more conferences (get ready for "fairness" over pure merit) and/or large TV markets.

I would've preferred that we kept the core BCS system, but allowed the final BCS top four to playoff.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
I am also concerned about the "selection committee" - it injects even more human bias into the process.

I think they will use the four playoff slots to include more conferences (get ready for "fairness" over pure merit) and/or large TV markets.

I would've preferred that we kept the core BCS system, but allowed the final BCS top four to playoff.
Agree totally. Trust Delaney of the B1G or whoever else conference commissioners? Not me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Agree totally. Trust Delaney of the B1G or whoever else conference commissioners? Not me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I say put Condi Rice on that list. No Delaney or anyone associated with him. I'm just afraid the people chosen to the "selection committee" will NOT be objective and the SEC will be shafted! I'm not sure who would be objective enough to be placed on that committee. I have searched my mind to come up with someone who would be objective. So, I will nominate myself. I think I watch enough college football to pick the best 4. If I could pick 8, it would be much easier.

If you were to say lets let the Commissioners of the SEC, B1G, Big 12 (10), PAC 12 serve on a 4 member selection committee, do you think anyone outside those 4 conferences would be selected? I don't! The ACC and Florida State would fail to make it. Would Northern Illinois be upset?

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

It just seems like the NCAA changes rules when Alabama wins the NC. Then when we still win in the future, they change rules again. Well they can change the rules but Bama is not going away! They want us to sit in the back of the bus and just like Rosa Parks did, I'm gonna protest the injustice!

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Oh, to answer the question/statement: Where Alabama Football is Today!?!

We're at the very top of the mountain. We are the best in the business of college football! 2nd to No One!!!!!!!

RTR!!!!!!!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
No one has seen anything like this for a long long time. I believe CNS will get this team motivated but let me just remind you that the 2010 team had a lot of talent & should have won it all. Keeping these kids grounded is No easy task.

But, CNS has proved to be the very best at it.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
When Saban was first hired, I was confident we would soon win a National Title, but 3 in 4 years was a stretch, wow what a run!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.