Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Rassmussen polling is a joke. They had Romney winning by a landslide. How'd that turn out.
No, they did not.

http://www.businessinsider.com/obama-vs-romney-rasmussen-poll-final-results-election-day-2012-11

Saying a guy is one point ahead in your NATIONAL polling which is WITHIN THE MARGIN OF ERROR is NOT predicting a landslide. And they had Obama winning by six in 2008 - he won by six.

I will refrain from further comment, but please do not put erroneous statements like that on here.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
It's amusing how the barners in the comments section are saying "it's more than just football here, it's family", which obviously means their football team is terrible. I didn't know that having half of your fans leave in the middle of a game was considered loyal. Since the end of the 2011 season I've seen less and less people wearing Auburn attire, however in 2010 all I saw was Auburn fans.

Fair weather fans are the new loyal fans according to Rasmussen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Commenting further on this:

1) Loyalty is apparently defined as firing the only coach in the last five decades to win a national championship - and that just two years removed from the purchased title.

2) Loyalty COULD be argued in the case of Cam Newton - the fambly was loyal right to the death that never happened and then beyond.

3) In my judgment - loyalty is attending games during lean years. I do remember when a huge crowd headed towards the exits after Zow's interception when we trailed USM 21-0 in 2000. However - I would note those folks left in the fourth quarter, not the first. Even Aubie apologist Will Collier said , "Almost no one outside of Trent Fisher and the large and cordial crowd of Alabama A&M fans who helped fill out the otherwise-sparse stands will recall Auburn's 51-7 win as anything other than a throw-away game."

Anyone remember them bailing in their FIRST game post-national title against Utah St?

Loyalty. If you can't buy it, Auburn doesn't have it.

I AM SPARTACUS!

Scout Team
Oct 2, 2000
Hamilton, Georgia
Not even close. The author must not have paid attention to their crowds this year. Also probably didnt look into merchant sales. I've been told by shop owners that they can't keep bama stuff on the shelves and can't give auburn stuff away.
A few years ago (pre-Saban) I read an interview with someone in the sports merchandise industry. He said that that there are two schools whose merchandise always sells regardless of how well the teams are performing: Alabama and Notre Dame.

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
so this result came from Discover card sending survey to football fans. Hey survey the fans at the BCS game, before kickoff, and ask who will win the BCS and you would have gotten about 65% Notre Dame and 35% Alabama. Just because a survey says something doesn't make it true.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The "value" part actually goes back to a WSJ article which was based on self-reported attendance, revenue and expense figures. Do you all understand now?

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
There are lies, **** lies and then there are statistics.. Mark Twain

Don't know if that is right phrase or not, but pretty close. Sometimes I believe you can substitute survey for statistics in that phrase and the meaning will still be true in its intent.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
These kinds of surveys are why I honestly think Gene Chizik was coach of the year last year.

Think about it - that poor guy HAD to watch Auburn play 12 times. Nobody else did. Everyone else made a choice. It was his JOB!!!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
All the loyal ones I know have suddenly lost interest in college football the last two seasons.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The Barn fans have been so used to mediocrity that they are mesmerized by the one year they bought a NC and are basically hypnotized to accepting the mediocrity they are back in.

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
Uh huh.

Alabama sells out an 83,000 seat stadium for every game and EXPANDS it to over 90,000 during a probationary period in which it was averaging about 6 or 7 wins a year.

Auburn rarely sells out its 85,000 seat stadium ever during good times or bad. The place is a ghost town if Auburn is not doing well. Bryant-Denny is packed no matter what.

But Barners are the most loyal fans? Sure. Makes sense to me.
That doesn't necessarily prove that Bama fans are more loyal. Perhaps there are just more of us.

It could also indicate that in today's economy, there's just not much disposable income left from a Waffle House chef's salary after paying for the double-wide, the tractor, and the boxed set of WWE videotapes. If they had a need for toothpaste, it would send them into financial ruin.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
That doesn't necessarily prove that Bama fans are more loyal. Perhaps there are just more of us.

It could also indicate that in today's economy, there's just not much disposable income left from a Waffle House chef's salary after paying for the double-wide, the tractor, and the boxed set of WWE videotapes. If they had a need for toothpaste, it would send them into financial ruin.
I've always wonderd why they dont call it teethpaste, but i guess when it comes to aubren fans toothpaste is appropriate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.