Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Ah, gotcha. It's just implied. That's the best kind of class.

Didn't realize we were speaking of any deeds other than an athlete thanking the school he attended and its fanbase in writing for an opportunity? Maybe if Floyd also played violin.
the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I think it counts as classy. This is a kid who was a high school all-american, but couldn't afford to go to the Army All-American game...so he held a bake sale to pay his way. He would have come back for his senior year, but coaches advised him to go because of his high grade. His main reason for leaving? So he can take care of his grandmother, who raised him...

You don't have to be a potential Rhodes scholar, accomplished violinist, or missionary to be classy. You can just be a guy from the streets of Philadelphia, who is thankful for the opportunity to have bettered himself..

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
How can you even compare this letter, Missouri's letter, and your example? Unbelievable! :confused:
I never compared this letter, just said he wouldn't win this argument. As for my son's apology and the mizzu letter both were forced. Mizzu was nothing but smug until they actually stepped on the field and saw how far from competitive in the conference they were. Then they were suddenly humble and just so glad to be a part of the conference.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I never compared this letter, just said he wouldn't win this argument. As for my son's apology and the mizzu letter both were forced. Mizzu was nothing but smug until they actually stepped on the field and saw how far from competitive in the conference they were. Then they were suddenly humble and just so glad to be a part of the conference.
You are the one that infiltrated and paralleled the three stories together...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people
exactly where is your threshhold for class...what requirement satisfies your definition of it.

I happen to think that different deeds done different ways can still show class.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
May I remind you there is a difference between someone who is classy and a gesture that is classy.

I personally do not know Shariff Floyd, but I do know he should be commended and told when one of his behaviors, which may I once again remind you is a desired behavior, is "classy". In hopes that Mr. Floyd will continue to do such behaviors and can hopefully one day reach the seemingly "unreachable" threshold of Barrett Jones and be referred to as a classy person!

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
I bet you don't write "thank you" notes or RSVP.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
exactly where is your threshold for class...what requirement satisfies your definition of it.

I happen to think that different deeds done different ways can still show class.
I totally agree. But the bar should be pretty high before you bestow the term class upon anyone. Its a case by case situation. Barrett jones is there, he gets to wear the term class. The florida player is being polite and nothing more.imo

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I totally agree. But the bar should be pretty high before you bestow the term class upon anyone. Its a case by case situation. Barrett jones is there, he gets to wear the term class. The florida player is being polite and nothing more.imo
My friend rizolltizide is a small primate, so his bar is pretty low (sorry, riz, but it's the truth, ya' know). He gets a pass on this one.

Last edited:

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
My fried rizolltizide is a small primate
YOU ATE THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com

Last edited:

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
YOU ATE THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com:eek2: on TideFans.com
Sory. I ussualy spel much beter than thaat.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Seems classy to me; you can even see quotes of Coach Bryant telling incoming freshmen to write letters to family, etc. He said his first thing was to teach class, and then winning would come. To me this follows in that mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.