QB Luke Del Rio Considering Walking on at Bama

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Unbelievable. And I've given up predicting how QBs will develop. I think the two positions the hardest to forecast are QB and OL...

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
looks like Jack Del Rio will set foot on campus after all. He can neither confirm nor deny any interest in coaching at Bama though.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Unbelievable. Saban has this thing rolling. He actually may get to slow down on recruiting because he has created a virtual snowball at Bama and it just keeps getting bigger....

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It is indeed quite amazing that a youngster who obviously has some ability would accept the challenge to walk on at Bama and hopefully earn a scholarship rather than accepting a guaranteed one from some pretty darn good football programs.

With that kinda attitude and guts I kind of like him already. Hope he follows through and I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

sip

P.S.--Oklahoma State, UCLA, Oregon State etc. must be shaking their heads and asking "What we gotta do?"

Quite a compliment to the respect our program is generating under Coach Saban.

rolltideallday

1st Team
Dec 18, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
It is indeed quite amazing that a youngster who obviously has some ability would accept the challenge to walk on at Bama and hopefully earn a scholarship rather than accepting a guaranteed one from some pretty darn good football programs.

With that kinda attitude and guts I kind of like him already. Hope he follows through and I'll be surprised if he doesn't.

sip

P.S.--Oklahoma State, UCLA, Oregon State etc. must be shaking their heads and asking "What we gotta do?"

Quite a compliment to the respect our program is generating under Coach Saban.
I'm assuming one reason is that he said he likes the pro style offense and those other schools don't quite run that style.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
This is crazy...... The kid has not one, not two, but three offers from big time schools and he may choose to walk-on at Alabama?

I'm pretty sure Jack told his son that his best opportunity to make it to the pro's was to study under Saban. I can say this with almost absolute certainty.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Well, his dad can afford to pay his way, so that isn't an issue. But he'll be far down the pecking order when he arrives. Good for him for accepting the challenge.

I wonder if he's been to Manning's QB camp?

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
Amazing and absolutely stunning but not a stupid move at all! Look at what all he has the chance at Bama to accomplish! And if I remember correctly he did very well in the Elite 11. Also being the son of a coach! Yeah he has a great future in the NFL or coaching! Almost would be criminal lol! ;)

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
NFL veterans admire the way CNS runs a program. Even though his son never made it on the field, Cris Carter has openly praised Saban & Bama, and Rex Ryan, as bad as he is looking as a HC, stated that he wanted his son to play for CNS.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
As I said on the recruiting thread about this, this speaks volumes about our program that NFL'ers want their kids to learn under Saban. My concern is whether their grades are artificially decreased in this undergraduate coach-in-training program. Everyone knows what a stickler CNS is... I can't imagine he gives out many A's. ;-)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.