Alabama Fans Thoughts on Possibility of OU to the SEC

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
ooo ooo.... we could call him albatross..... :D
I think I read somewhere this is already in the works. Some wealthy alumni have arranged for the capture and transportation of a full grown bull elephant from Africa. :)

He will run out of the tunnel in front of the team and then stand behind the visitor's bench during the game. They are training him to trumpet on cue so we don't have to use the PA elephant sounds anymore.

Last edited:

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
I think I read somewhere this is already in the works. Some wealthy alumni have arranged for the capture and transportation of a full grown bull elephant from Africa. :)

He will run out of the tunnel in front of the team and then stand behind the visitor's bench during the game. They are training him to trumpet on cue so we don't have to use the PA elephant sounds anymore.
oh yeah... he's gonna debut right along with the white helmets, right? :p

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
If the SEC takes OU than they have to take OSU also. 14 teams is enough and there is no need to make the conference tougher than it already is. OU (as well ad OSU) belongs on the Big 12.

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Not happening. As expansion continues. I think it's a better chance that teams like Texas and OU go independent than just join a conference. They both have their own networks as it is, which is in large why the Big 12 is suffering. The 2 cornerstones of the conference don't want any part of a Big 12 network. It's basically a money grab right now. They don't even want other teams in the conference to make it 12, because just adding teams means less money for each team in the pool.

Only way the Big 12 expands are for major major programs to enter. A program like FSU or something.

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007
Nobody is going to travel to Oklahoma. Texas Tech and Mizz are far enough. I'd much rather pick up a Virginia and an FSU (won't happen) and then shuffle the divisions up.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I have no interest in OU or any other Big 12 team joining the SEC. I agree with others here if more expansion is inevitable then let it come from the East.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2236578&forum_id=5

The Kentucky Mustangs poster in this thread has some interesting posts any time something big happens in college football. His feeling is that the SEC looks to UNC and UVA for expansion. Despite how you may feel about the board, this thread is a good read.

To the OP....I don't see what OU offers the SEC. I would have rather had OU than Missouri but that deal is done. One thing that I truly believe is that OU and Texas fail to realize just how little anyone outside of OK/TX really cares about either of them. They are huge fish in their own little pond and I know Texas has tons of $$ but I think they both may have hurt themselves by staying in the B1G.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Nobody is going to travel to Oklahoma. Texas Tech and Mizz are far enough. I'd much rather pick up a Virginia and an FSU (won't happen) and then shuffle the divisions up.
It is 680 miles from Tuscaloosa to Charlottesville, Virginia. It is 708 miles to Norman.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=2236578&forum_id=5

The Kentucky Mustangs poster in this thread has some interesting posts any time something big happens in college football. His feeling is that the SEC looks to UNC and UVA for expansion. Despite how you may feel about the board, this thread is a good read.

To the OP....I don't see what OU offers the SEC. I would have rather had OU than Missouri but that deal is done. One thing that I truly believe is that OU and Texas fail to realize just how little anyone outside of OK/TX really cares about either of them. They are huge fish in their own little pond and I know Texas has tons of $$ but I think they both may have hurt themselves by staying in the B1G.
Read his posts again. He makes no sense. he talks of the BIG and SEC adding to get to 12 when we are beyond that.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Simply put, I do not believe the SEC PTBs will make the outrageous mistake of adding OU. Small-population state (compared to other possible SEC additions) so not much value for cable subscriptions. And the SEC doesn't need another gorilla. NC and VA should be the target states IF there is to be more expansion sometime in the future. No hurry though.

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
If everyone joins the SEC whom are we going to play against in the BCS title game. Wait we already started doing that last year.

The whole country will eventually have to join the SEC in order to get over the fatigue.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't see what is so great about the Tar Heels. Yes, they are the flagship school in the state, but it is a state that is focused on basketball. Even then, the state's attention is divided among them and three other ACC schools. They will add very little in football.

Also, I think both them and Virginia think they are too good to associate themselves with us cousin marrying hicks of the SEC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.