Kenny Bell playing in BCSCG is a game time decision

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I expect he'll play but not have a big impact. Norwood is the one I'm hoping will step up his game in this one. Much like he did last year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I expect he'll play but not have a big impact. Norwood is the one I'm hoping will step up his game in this one. Much like he did last year.
I don't know if you've read above, but, if he plays and bookends Coop, that's a major impact, whether he catches a single ball. One of the biggest impacts is freeing up Norwood underneath...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know if you've read above, but, if he plays and bookends Coop, that's a major impact, whether he catches a single ball. One of the biggest impacts is freeing up Norwood underneath...
Agree 100%

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I think Bell will play and play well...ND is planning to see him out there and the attention that he requires will open up an assortment of plays for the offense. RTR!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Just curious but how different is this from when Bryant played with a broken leg against Tenn?
Well, same bone. :) Here's from his tweets:

Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..if you sleeping on me I hope you toss in turning..Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell71 more dayKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..ambition is priceless it's something that's in your veins and I put that on my nameKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..bounce right back like magicKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..made them believersKenny bell Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..if ion trust them ion need them

Last edited:

BAMA JAMMA

Scout Team
Oct 28, 2007

Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..if you sleeping on me I hope you toss in turning..Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell71 more dayKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..ambition is priceless it's something that's in your veins and I put that on my nameKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..bounce right back like magicKenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..made them believersKenny bell Kenny bell ‏@TheKennyBell7..if ion trust them ion need them

Hmm could mean its a go! :BigA:

Last edited:

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

WHAT!!!:BigA::biggrin2::BigA:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama does not have another WR with Bell's abilities. Doubtful ND felt the need to prepare their defense for two WRs that can stretch the field. Wonder how KB playing affects their overall gameplan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I hope he's 100%. That would/could be a game changer. They won't be able to focus on Cooper if they are both out there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Bama does not have another WR with Bell's abilities. Doubtful ND felt the need to prepare their defense for two WRs that can stretch the field. Wonder how KB playing affects their overall gameplan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
Safeties up; safeties back. Choose your poison... ;)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Safeties up; safeties back. Choose your poison... ;)
Even with the safeties back, Bell can run a short crossing route and go for a big gain.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I understand the dual speed threat of Cooper and a healthy Bell.

But if Bell plays, I think the main question is whether he's close enough to 100% to force the defense to respect that speed. If so, his mere presence does pose a problem for the ND defense. If he's 80%? Maybe not so much.

Where's the break even point -- 80%? 90%? More? Less? That's what Saban gets paid $5M a year to decide.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I hope if is 95-100% he limps around in the pre-game warm-ups just to fool the Domers.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I'd be very surprised to see him if it's less than 90%...
How does a player know if he is 100%, 90%, or 75%? What's the definition? Are you 100% if there is no pain and no limitation on your movement? Or are still considered 100% if you can still go full speed with no limitation on mobility yet there is a slight pain to it or would that be considered 90%?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How does a player know if he is 100%, 90%, or 75%? What's the definition? Are you 100% if there is no pain and no limitation on your movement? Or are still considered 100% if you can still go full speed with no limitation on mobility yet there is a slight pain to it or would that be considered 90%?
Well, for starters, they're all hurting, practically every one. The question is how much the pain limits function. Nobody believes Bell won't be in pain. The question is whether or not the pain will limit him 5%, 10% in performance. It's really all about how much the pain affects performance. (I'm really just paraphrasing Coach Saban here.)

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
he's got a little meter on his chest.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.