Worried (hope the team is prepared)

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yep. I'm worried. I'm worried because I keep hearing about the hotel our guys are staying, and the fact that Kelly is in his third year which all other ND coaches won a championship in their third year. The stars are aligning for ND. ;)

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Re: Worried

Look, the only thing to take from last nights beatdown is that florida was waaaay overrated, just as they have been all year. I can't tell you the amount of times I watched that team stink it up this year. How they ended the regular season with only one loss is the bigger question. They very nearly lost their homecoming game to Lousiana Lafayette.

If anything, one could draw a parallel to the Notre Dame schedule and bolster the case for an Alabama victory even more. In fact, I'm way more confident about us after watching UL destroy them. They are who I thought they were. /Denny G

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
I'm not worried, just anxious to see how it all plays out on the field. I don't worry about hotels or curfews or distractions because this staff has done a remarkable job training the team to focus on the job at hand. Most of the team has been in this environment before, some of them more than once, so I don't expect them to suddenly start behaving out of character.

Still, I can hardly wait for the game. Watching this unfold should be quite the spectacle.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Look, the only thing to take from last nights beatdown is that florida was waaaay overrated, just as they have been all year. I can't tell you the amount of times I watched that team stink it up this year. How they ended the regular season with only one loss is the bigger question. They very nearly lost their homecoming game to Lousiana Lafayette.

If anything, one could draw a parallel to the Notre Dame schedule and bolster the case for an Alabama victory even more. In fact, I'm way more confident about us after watching UL destroy them. They are who I thought they were. /Denny G
So what you're saying is a team that relied on his run game and defense to win games needs a QB to make plays in order to win? Sounds very familiar...

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011

After seeing LSU FLA and even the way the other top SEC teams play, yes I am worried. I tell myself it's only a game.

bamaboy256

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009

Honestly the BCS championship is the only game where both teams have something to play for. After watching the post game with Dabo and him saying they were playing to make up for last year and 11 wins, I wondered what LSU was playing for? The Chik-fil-a bowl trophy? I mean obviously some teams are more motivated than others and pretty much every play maker on LSU's defense wasn't in the game at the end.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl

So what you're saying is a team that relied on his run game and defense to win games needs a QB to make plays in order to win? Sounds very familiar...
Kinda, but not really.

No, what I'm saying is Florida's ranking, IMO, was smoke and mirrors. They struggled mightily against inferior talent quite often this year. I've also seen ND struggle mightily this year against what most would consider inferior talent. Thusly, by transitive properties, which BTW I love to admonish others for, I draw a parallel. I think ND is overrated. And I think we smash them. Because I believe they are who I think they are. Verily. Amen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You know, every time we play I fear that we'll lose. I mean, we lost to Georgia Pre-Flight the only time we played them. If you can't beat those guys how can you beat the great Notre Dame?

Btw Earle - although we had a losing record against Mizzou, we did beat them once before in 1978. We are now 2-2 and have the edge. We had, however, never beaten Texas.
Yeah, I remember now. We just had a losing record until this year...

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
It's not relevant at all. We'd not beaten Texas, if I remember, nor Missouri. I've said all along that I believed that this game could be a close, hard-fought game. If it's a blowout, then I believe ND would be on the receiving end, but I don't look for it. Of the SEC teams I thought might struggle, LSU and UF were two. UF's offense struggled badly at time, despite their obvious talent, and LSU has, well, a "head" of clay. TBF, I'm beginning to wonder if UF has a similar problem. Not only was FL not prepared, there were some spectacular bad decisions made last night by the UF staff. It's a good thing both of those HCs can really, really recruit. Also, because of the BSC system - and the playoffs will just exacerbate it - playing in a bowl now has for the kids the feeling of having just missed the playoffs, and these are young, emotional guys. It used to be that, if a team had a really good bowl win - and the right guys above lost - it had a chance of climbing high in the ranking, maybe as far as #1. That'll never happen again and one of the effects will be bowl results all over the map. So, bottom line, I'm concerned about the game because I think that ND is a fundamentally sound, well-coached team, with several outstanding players and motivated. I'm not concerned about the game any more or less because of LSU or UF's screwups, or how the overall strength of the SEC is perceived...
I concur I'm not worried about what happened to Florida more concerned about how fundamentally sound ND is!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

You say "we" like we're actually playing in the game. We're just fans. I'm pretty sure Saban reminds them daily they can be beat. Honestly, if it takes Florida losing to get the Bama players attention then we have worse problems than we know of.
You don't win championships by beating down your players mentality. You teach them how to win with class and keep modesty but you also want them to feel superior. People who think they are superior play like they are superior. People who play with fear get beat.

Great coaches teach players how to be a "champion" and all that that consists of.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

I would bet Saban hasn't said anything about winning a national title. That's not what The Process is. Do your job play after play.

happytidefan

All-SEC
Jul 24, 2008
Columbus, Mississippi

I'm not worried at all. The hotel is a non-issue. In Pasadena and in NOLA, Coach Saban had the players on a "lock down" 24 hours prior to the game to avoid distractions and to help them focus on the business at hand. In fact, they watched movies amongst other structured activities in order to avoid the media blitz and outside fervor. I've been told they often forfeit their cell phones too in that last 24 hours.

As for the SEC record in the BCS, I am disappointed, but it's been my opinion from the beginning of the season that the SEC is NOT as strong this year as in year's past. I have enjoyed the strength and dominance of the SEC, as a whole, but it's just not there this year.

TrueGritnPluck

Suspended
Nov 21, 2011
Yep. I'm worried. I'm worried because I keep hearing about the hotel our guys are staying, and the fact that Kelly is in his third year which all other ND coaches won a championship in their third year. The stars are aligning for ND. ;)
The last time ND won a title they beat Michigan State 20-3.................

They beat MSU this year 20-3

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

Notre Dame just barely beat Purdue which got blown away by Okie light 58-14. So, maybe the Domers should be worried.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

UA-Michigan 41-14 with nearly 8 months preparation. ND-Michigan 13-6 Michigan had 5-6 turnovers :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.