2013 BCS Championship Game Tickets

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I wish this game was in Pasadena. I went last time. Great place to go in January.

For that game, my StubHub ticket on the goal line, row 23 cost over $1200. I bought in mid December and prices to my knowledge never dropped.

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
Size of the stadium really doesn't matter that much. In 2009 Alabama received an alotment of 19,000 tickets, last year we received 17,000. The biggest factor is the logistics of the trip. New Orleans was easy for everyone, where Pasadena isn't drivable for most people. The thing now is even though there are those that won't want to make the trip to Miami due to the 11-12 hour drive, they are still going to order their tickets to sell them in the secondary market. That is the reason you are starting to see many people selling there tickets right now without having the seat location. I believe last year, they made facilty/graduate students pick their tickets up in New Orleans to try to prevent reselling. They were just picking them up and selling them down there without going to the game. Until they come up with some system that will decrease reselling, the problem is going to continue to get worse. Put it this way, if I were to get tickets this year, I could sell two for 3K. Pocket the 600.00 it cost me to get them, then donate the rest to the Crimson Tide Foundation. $2400.00 @ 3pts per $100 would earn me an additional 72 points. Do that every year we go, I would be getting up there in no time.

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
I was able to land 2 for the 2009 trip to Pasadena through TP after the second round of offerings, missed out on last year, and hoping I land 2 this time around. My point total in '09 was about 130, I'm now up over 225 so here's to hoping!!!

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Size of the stadium really doesn't matter that much. In 2009 Alabama received an alotment of 19,000 tickets, last year we received 17,000. The biggest factor is the logistics of the trip. New Orleans was easy for everyone, where Pasadena isn't drivable for most people. The thing now is even though there are those that won't want to make the trip to Miami due to the 11-12 hour drive, they are still going to order their tickets to sell them in the secondary market. That is the reason you are starting to see many people selling there tickets right now without having the seat location. I believe last year, they made facilty/graduate students pick their tickets up in New Orleans to try to prevent reselling. They were just picking them up and selling them down there without going to the game. Until they come up with some system that will decrease reselling, the problem is going to continue to get worse. Put it this way, if I were to get tickets this year, I could sell two for 3K. Pocket the 600.00 it cost me to get them, then donate the rest to the Crimson Tide Foundation. $2400.00 @ 3pts per $100 would earn me an additional 72 points. Do that every year we go, I would be getting up there in no time.
when I saw Bruce Springsteen 10 years ago all tickets were Will Call only. Once you picked up with ID and CC used, they walked you into the arena. I know a ticket broker who was ....ed b/c they were shut out... Would not be hard to encrypt a name and address into the ticket to where when it is scanned you have to show photo ID if your ID does not match, you don't get in...

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Airfare, hotel, rental car and ticket for $1100? I'll take 4 of those deals right now and give you a finder's fee.
If I had to pay for a ticket would've been about $1500 more... Believe it or not airfare is under $300 from Dallas. Hotels can be had for a reasonable price if your willing to stay N of Ft. Lauderdale. Boca may be about an hour drive but, worth it IMO.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Not to mention if you have friends or family living in the area, stay with them and defray the cost of your trip.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Cadillac55

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 18, 2010
Does anyone know the face value of the tickets? I would think you have different price points, but what do a majority of the tickets go for, before the secondary market starts to set new values?

jcaton11

Dec 3, 2012
I hear folks will find out about tickets on Wed - not sure if that is true or not. AAA Travel has a pretty awesome package with hotel, transfers, pre-game party, etc and Charter Air from Birmingham. If you don't get a ticket - tickets are available too!

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Anyone get an email from Tide Pride yet about tickets? Notifications are supposed to be made no later than tomorrow based on the email that was sent out Sunday evening...

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
Anyone get an email from Tide Pride yet about tickets? Notifications are supposed to be made no later than tomorrow based on the email that was sent out Sunday evening...
No email as of this morning, but I expect we'll hear something by the end of the day.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Me neither. Guess I don't need to worry about getting tickets through Tide Pride ...
This particular email came out late Oct./early Nov. It was an email order form for both SECCG and all bowl games. Tide Pride didn't send out a separate or additional email pertaining to BCS game. It was all in one email. You basically ordered from a list of bowls depending on which one Alabama was selected for. I want to say the due date was mid Nov.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Actually .. no they sent a second email out on Sunday evening stating that we should know something by today. Just wanted to clarify that .
Keeping fingers crossed that the Tide Totals number comes down a little bit!!

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Actually .. no they sent a second email out on Sunday evening stating that we should know something by today. Just wanted to clarify that .
Oops sorry. Now I see what everyone else is saying. Guess that means bad news for me too. :(

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Let's pray that some people are hurting financially and are going to pass on tickets. I have 194 TT points!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.