Georgia Dome parking

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Sorry if this already been discussed but where is the best place to park for the SEC championship game if we arrive around noon and want to head towards Montgomery right after the game?

Obviously safe and convienant. Thank you very much! RTR

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
This morning they were still selling parking passes at www.gadome.com. The lots just around the Dome are fine, but don't got too far away unless you are parking back toward downtown. (east of the dome) Getting out after the game is really not too bad.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Sorry if this already been discussed but where is the best place to park for the SEC championship game if we arrive around noon and want to head towards Montgomery right after the game?

If it were me I'd check out MARTA, (http://www.itsmarta.com). You can park at whatever station is convenient to where you're coming in from and ride MARTA right to the GA Dome. Coming in from Montgomery on I85 you'd probably want to look at the Airport or College Park stations. You'd probably be half way back to Montgomery before people parking near the GA Dome even get out of downtown.

tru2bama

Scout Team
Sep 19, 2004
Birmimgham, AL
We come from B'ham and park at a Marta station West of ATL then ride in. Leaving the dome is easy because most of the foot traffic is going the other way.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA

If it were me (and I wish it was as I have no tickets) I would park in one of the surface lots around the intersection of Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams Street. This will be about a six or seven block walk for you but getting onto 75/85 south is going to be a breeze from there after you leave the game. If you park closer to the Dome you'll have to sit in traffic for a while trying to make it to one of the interstate on ramps.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
If it were me I'd check out MARTA, (http://www.itsmarta.com). You can park at whatever station is convenient to where you're coming in from and ride MARTA right to the GA Dome. Coming in from Montgomery on I85 you'd probably want to look at the Airport or College Park stations. You'd probably be half way back to Montgomery before people parking near the GA Dome even get out of downtown.
i would agree with this. from either the college park or east point station, it is very easy to get to I-85 south towards montgomery.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Just a warning to anyone riding MARTA this year--don't fight anyone over a seat. Last year after the SEC Championship game, a friend of mine--her sister in law--was nearly beaten to death by a woman over her seat. The woman entered the train and was clearly under the influence of something and demanded my friend's SIL get up. She refused and the woman proceeded to beat her unconscious while numerous bystanders sat there and watched. A few tried to get the crazy woman off of her, but she was so jacked up on whatever drug it was that they could not pull her off. It wasn't until the got to the next station and police were notified that they were finally able to rescue her. It took several police tazers to knock the crazy woman out so she could be arrested.

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA
Thanks for your replies.

We rode MARTA after the Clemson and Va Tech games but were headed north. I remember they weren't too bad b/c most of the Clemson and VTech fans had left pretty early. Hope that's the case Saturday with the Dawg fans

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
I worked above the Hard Rock Cafe during the 1996 Olympics and rode MARTA everyday for a month. I have never experienced any problems during 5 years of living there and riding MARTA for different events/reasons, etc. The only thing you must do on a game day is be patient. It will make you crazy if you try to be in a hurry. We are staying at the Hyatt, well within walking distance, but if we feel lazy, we can jump on MARTA as well. :)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Just a warning to anyone riding MARTA this year--don't fight anyone over a seat. Last year after the SEC Championship game, a friend of mine--her sister in law--was nearly beaten to death by a woman over her seat. The woman entered the train and was clearly under the influence of something and demanded my friend's SIL get up. She refused and the woman proceeded to beat her unconscious while numerous bystanders sat there and watched. A few tried to get the crazy woman off of her, but she was so jacked up on whatever drug it was that they could not pull her off. It wasn't until the got to the next station and police were notified that they were finally able to rescue her. It took several police tazers to knock the crazy woman out so she could be arrested.
A few? 3 or 4 people couldn't pull a woman off of another woman???

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
A few? 3 or 4 people couldn't pull a woman off of another woman???
That is what I asked, too. The woman who was attacked was with one of her girl friends so she wasn't much help. She said that the attacker was nuts--like she was on LSD laced crack or something. The people who tried to help her could not get the woman off of her. They described the attacker acting like a rabid animal. The majority of the people on the train just sat there and watched. They were afraid to step in. It happened pretty fast between stops--the first stop after the Dome isn't a long distance--so the police were able to act quickly but it took quite a bit of force to get the woman off of the victim.

ETA: She had to have metal plates put in her face because her cheek bones were crushed and she had a brain bleed. It was horrific.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Call me an elitist or whatever but the last thing I want to do is to be packed like cattle into a crowded MARTA train after spending 3+ hours packed into the Dome. There are going to be huge lines to get on the trains. Instead, park in one of the surface lots near Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams street, have a nice stroll after the game, and then jump right onto I75/85.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Call me an elitist or whatever but the last thing I want to do is to be packed like cattle into a crowded MARTA train after spending 3+ hours packed into the Dome. There are going to be huge lines to get on the trains. Instead, park in one of the surface lots near Ivan Allen Blvd and Williams street, have a nice stroll after the game, and then jump right onto I75/85.
You aren't an elitist! You are a realist!! :)

MOBILE-BAMA

All-SEC
Jul 30, 2002
Billings, MT USA

How much do those lots cost and will there be open spots around noon?

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
General Parking Information

• If you have an advanced parking pass it will be for a designated lot. The parking pass is valid only for the lot designated on the parking pass.
  • Open parking is available on a first come / first serve basis in the Yellow Lot.
  • When entering the parking lot it is important to follow the directions of the parking staff. A parking pass is valid for one spot and are for vehicles only. Parking spaces cannot be reserved or saved for guests arriving at a later time.
  • There are no in/out privileges. Once your vehicle has entered the lot, the permit will not be accepted again for entrance.
  • Vehicles must be parked in marked spaces or as directed by parking staff.
  • All parking lots will open at 6:00 a.m. for the SEC Championship GameLots open to the Public
    Yellow Lot ($8)
    Handicapped Accessible Parking
    Silver Lot, Red Deck - $10
    Motorcoach/RV/Limo Parking
    Marshalling Yard - $90 (6 spaces)

Ba

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.