What is up with UF's class?

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.I'll wait and judge after he gets a full year to work.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I was just looking at the current recruiting rankings on 247 and was suddenly aware that despite looking at the top 50 schools, UF was nowhere to be found. I expanded the list and found them quickly at #51. How is this even possible? I can't say I'm going to like UF just because Coach Mac is there now, but that's just pitiful!
They were a little higher than that, but not much, the last time I looked a week or so ago. I think Muschamp has been able to steer a few of their more highly-rated potential recruits to the plains. And, some of the others they were looking good on started looking around after he left. Coach Mac might have a rough first two or three years.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I don't recall CJM being an excellent recruiter, though maybe he was.

He's got a tough job rebuilding UF - they've fallen far. So far, this class doesn't help.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
This usually happens after coaching changes.Michigan got Harbaugh and they aren't much better.I'm not surprised by it.
I knew there would be a dip, but unless they pull one of the few remaining 5 stars, this is going to be far and away the worst class I've ever seen them reel in.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Coach Saban had a tough first year at Alabama, since he only had a month to recruit. Of course, that was still an impressive. We ended up 10th that year,

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

rtr

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You know he could still get a transfer between now and Spring day....
I think they are up to about #20 with 20 signees. They had a decent day getting Jefferson and Ivey and a few other needs, but they did not sign a qb and they needed one in the worst way. And that's the way these things can fool you. If Coach Mac had an SEC-ready qb on that roster they could win 8-9 games next year. With the guy they played the bowl game with? Whew.

rtr

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Reckon Les and the corndog nation will still whine about playing the gators during a down cycle for UF? Of course they will...

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
They started the day at 100...finished at 20...that's a heck of a finish
I'm frankly glad. I personally believe that although I don't like UF, we are better served if the SEC East is closer to the West in overall strength, particularly near the top. Also, my distaste for UF has more to do with their past coaches and their potential as a juggernaut than the school itself.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Sleeping giant. Much like we were pre-Saban...same goes got Tennessee. The conference is better when they're competitive
Precisely. I'm not sure either coach has what it takes to wake the giants, but both have the potential. Personally, I'm rooting for "drowsy Giant" status - strong enough to bring up the conference, not so strong as to threaten our status.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.