Link: Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

TexasRed

3rd Team
Nov 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Cecil is much, much more than a hometown beat writer and he's respected widely on the national stage. And he doesn't sugar coat. When he started to hint at what the Dubose sanctions were going to be, he was crucified by a lot of Bama folks...
Every time I read the self-serving pap that comes from the auburn beat writers on al.com it makes me grateful that we've got somebody like Cecil who's not afraid to point a spotlight on his own team when needed.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Thanks for the links. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a fourth period practice. That might almost be as good as an SEC game...

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
Yes, Coach Bryant ran lower gym, which really was downstairs. Word has always been it was brutal. This sounds like the sort of program that makes the difference though. Alabama's defense has faced the best line in the nation every time this drill started. Barrett Jones may see better NGs, but not much better. Cecil, like all writers, is better some days than others. However, he is mostly excellent and has forgotten more secret stuff about the Alabama sports program than most people here will ever know, and not just football, either. I agree that he is well-respected and not just among local sports journalists. Full disclosure, Cecil was a college classmate and I personally like and admire him.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The offensive players complain about Saban's restarting the clock when the defense doesn't please him. :) I think this is different from a drill. It's really a mini-scrimmage each practice. Many times, Coach Bryant admitted that he'd worked the guys too hard and they'd lost their legs. Saban takes care not to commit that sin...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
From Cecil Hurt's piece: "The Crimson Tide is bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced in these situations, facts which aren't about being disrespectful to Notre Dame."

I don't know about the stronger and faster, but from what I've read, Notre Dame is bigger.

Am I wrong?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Bigger where? Maybe on the D-line and that's just a maybe...
Well I really think it's a wash. On a thread earlier today I read something about ND's defensive front 7 weighing 1900 pounds. So I looked it up and our front 7 weighs 1883 and theirs weighs 1928 if I remember the numbers correctly.

The question I'm asking, is where are we bigger? Running back?

Well I really think it's a wash. On a thread earlier today I read something about ND's defensive front 7 weighing 1900 pounds. So I looked it up and our front 7 weighs 1883 and theirs weighs 1928 if I remember the numbers correctly.

O line at least. Nobody is bigger than Lacy though.

RJ YellowHammer

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
Memphis, Tn
Cecil calling Bama "tight" or "all business" doesnt bother me at all. I'm sure they're feeling the weight of expectations, but I've seen these same observations about a CNS coached Alabama team before. Media members were saying the same thing leading up to the 09 SECCG. I like it.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world

How does their line stack up vs Ga? I know GA has a big nose tackle just like them, though it keeps being said Jones hasn't faced a Nt like Nix...???

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How does their line stack up vs Ga? I know GA has a big nose tackle just like them, though it keeps being said Jones hasn't faced a Nt like Nix...???
Jenkins (GA) is bigger and is rated higher by NFL draft experts.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.