Poll: HOW the BCS should be?

Should the BCS reward the BCS TOP 10 only?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Let's not forget that this is amateur athletics. I have a serious issue with telling the players at smaller schools that they have no shot at playing in the big time.....be it a BCS bowl or earning a playoff spot. Personally, I hope NIU wipes the floor with FSU. Long live the under dog.

AgentAntiOrange

1st Team
Dec 30, 2009
Norman, OK
Quite frankly, the BCS should look like this:

Alabama vs Notre Dame BCSNCG - 1 vs. 2 - and they got that right.

Everything else is inconsequential.
Yeah....I'm sure you guys will be forming a line outside the athletic building to tell the team how inconsequential their bowl game is next time we aren't playing for the NC. Quite frankly, I'll just call BS now on that line of thinking.

Yeah....I'm sure you guys will be forming a line outside the athletic building to tell the team how inconsequential their bowl game is next time we aren't playing for the NC. Quite frankly, I'll just call BS now on that line of thinking.
Inconsequential in the thinking that it means something to the BCS or there has to be the "top 10" in the game. It has never been about that, no matter how many people try to will that into reality.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Let's not forget that this is amateur athletics. I have a serious issue with telling the players at smaller schools that they have no shot at playing in the big time.... .
Maybe they should limit teams like Alabama on how often they can play for the championship to be more fair to the smaller schools.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Let's not forget that this is amateur athletics. I have a serious issue with telling the players at smaller schools that they have no shot at playing in the big time.....be it a BCS bowl or earning a playoff spot. Personally, I hope NIU wipes the floor with FSU. Long live the under dog.
Smaller schools have the same shot of being in the Top 10 as any other school. Right? What's keeping them out of the Top 10 now?

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
I'm not sure if "fair" is the best word choice as it is the system that all of the conferences agreed to. I think it has done a great job matching up #1 vs #2, which was its primary purpose.

It hasn't done as good with the other BCS bowls though. Except for the Fiesta Bowl, I don't think there are any other matchups with 2 top 10 teams.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Maybe they should limit teams like Alabama on how often they can play for the championship to be more fair to the smaller schools.
Maybe an alphabetical rotation - just rotate the next two teams to play for the championship each year. I look forward to Harvard vs Memphis for all the marbles.

runatl

Suspended
Dec 5, 2011
The smaller schools need the money. It's as simple as that.
What is your guys' problem? If you don't like it, don't watch it. But I don't see the problem in a school like NIU making money its conference.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.