Eyes on Auburn radio show earlier tonight

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Those worthless slugs hang onto that 6 in a row like it's the only thing they have ever accomplished. If that is their greatest achievement, then fine, but, it's only going to get further and further into the past. Beating us those 6 years means NOTHING today. Especially when our wins over them since then have been absolute beat downs. Even though, according to them, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 were not as lopsided as the scores indicated. :rofl: I also had one tell me not too long ago that Alabama beating auburn for 4 out the last 5 years isn't all that impressive because of the fact that, (just like Alabama in the early to mid 2000's), auburn has been down. Really? I don't even know where to begin on that one. We were down during that time thanks to a debilitating probation. We didn't get hit as hard as Penn State and SMU, but it was dang close. What's *U's excuse? Why are they "down"? According to them, the the NCAA came and went and *U came out squeaky clean. So, it can't be that. So what is it? You can't talk to that fan base. You just can't. No matter what, they will always have an answer. They will stand there and defend losing 49-0 and say some crap about "well, we did force a turnover on you guys in the fourth quarter". Never mind that it was 49-0 and our 3rd string was in the game. They lose 42-14 at terry bowden field and they still have the audacity to beat their chests about running back the second half kickoff. Then turn around and say "nanna nanna boo boo 6 in a row, remember when tuberville held up 6 fingers, ha ha ha ha". Dumbest fan base in the world. Period.
I think that attitude is what gets me the most. In comparing our NCAA situation re: Albert Means to theirs with Newton, there was NO PROOF that Means knew of any money changing hands. NO PROOF that anyone in his family got paid. In fact, even with FBI looking (with subpoena power and financial forensic experts), NO PROOF that his HS coach got paid. None. We got hammered on rumor and 'secret witnesses'.
Newton, on the other hand? His! Dad! Admitted! It! Period!! Nary a slap on the wrist, unless you count the 12(?) hour retroactive suspension that took place between games and had no impact on their season. And they have the unnerving gall to suggest we have the NCAA in our back pocket?!

(paraphrase)
"Where will you be playing, Cam?"
CN: "It's down to either Mississippi State or Tennessee." Fast forward. Goes to Auburn.
"Why'd you pick Auburn?"
CN: "My dad picked it."

I will readily admit that Cam is a great athlete. Phenomenal, even. And I would have no problems admiring the kid if I thought he had a shred of integrity. Anyone who bothered to read the police report can only conclude that he went into another student's dorm room and STOLE his laptop while he was in Florida. Then the story about buying it from someone selling out of his trunk? A complete lie. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it.

Sorry for the rant, but these are some basic facts every Bama fan should be armed with for any given barner moment.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Those worthless slugs hang onto that 6 in a row like it's the only thing they have ever accomplished. If that is their greatest achievement, then fine, but, it's only going to get further and further into the past. Beating us those 6 years means NOTHING today. Especially when our wins over them since then have been absolute beat downs. Even though, according to them, 36-0, 42-14, and 49-0 were not as lopsided as the scores indicated. :rofl: I also had one tell me not too long ago that Alabama beating auburn for 4 out the last 5 years isn't all that impressive because of the fact that, (just like Alabama in the early to mid 2000's), auburn has been down. Really? I don't even know where to begin on that one. We were down during that time thanks to a debilitating probation. We didn't get hit as hard as Penn State and SMU, but it was dang close. What's *U's excuse? Why are they "down"? According to them, the the NCAA came and went and *U came out squeaky clean. So, it can't be that. So what is it? You can't talk to that fan base. You just can't. No matter what, they will always have an answer. They will stand there and defend losing 49-0 and say some crap about "well, we did force a turnover on you guys in the fourth quarter". Never mind that it was 49-0 and our 3rd string was in the game. They lose 42-14 at terry bowden field and they still have the audacity to beat their chests about running back the second half kickoff. Then turn around and say "nanna nanna boo boo 6 in a row, remember when tuberville held up 6 fingers, ha ha ha ha". Dumbest fan base in the world. Period.
Hey man, why even argue with them, let them have it....

...its all they got.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I actually hope that their recruiters do try to minimize our winning 3 of the last 4. I know how that'll play with recruits with half a brain. That's almost as good as "Go to Bama and you'll ride the pine." (Translation - "Kid, you're not good enough to earn PT at Bama. You'll be better off and get PT with a sorry team like ours.")

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
The one excuse I remember the Barn fans repeating last year and this year is "we are a young team"

Wasn't Alabama the young team this year? This was our rebuilding year.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
The one excuse I remember the Barn fans repeating last year and this year is "we are a young team"

Wasn't Alabama the young team this year? This was our rebuilding year.
I did the math on that earlier this year - giving 1 for FR up to 5 for RSS. We were not that significantly older than their team - less than 1/2 point variance. What we were is significantly more talented and 100x better coached. They will never own that fact.

derek4tide

Hall of Fame
Jan 19, 2005
Daphne, AL
My Barner fan had the audacity to ask me if: I really thought Bama had a chance against Aubarn in the 2010 Iron Bowl? My answer was that I can't remember a game since CNS has been at Bama that I didn't think Bama was going to win, and that Bama let up is the only reason for Aubruns come back in the 2nd half. He walked away unconvinced and mumbling something about, WOW! Bama fans.
Had to LOL, when I read that. A barn fan a few years ago couldn't believe I had the "augacity" to think that Coach Saban would end their 6 in a row streak. True story.....

AUbarn fans are the worst. They get totally destroyed but turn around and saw "War Eagle, anyway" like it means something. They scored as much as I did against Bama and UGA and still have the nerve to say thing about Bama losing to A&M. I just don't get it. We lost 6 in a row and I took it in stride, and I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt with 2010, but they are just a few eggs short of a dozen when it comes to football, or any sport for that matter. LSU fans do push them sometimes but at least LSU is consistent in what they do on the field. Every time I see WDE I'm ready to slap someone. Ok I'm getting upset now. But I'm not gonna let up until they get the point and that won't be any time soon.

tmv85

All-SEC
I actually hope that their recruiters do try to minimize our winning 3 of the last 4. I know how that'll play with recruits with half a brain. That's almost as good as "Go to Bama and you'll ride the pine." (Translation - "Kid, you're not good enough to earn PT at Bama. You'll be better off and get PT with a sorry team like ours.")
My son-in-law grew up a Bama fan. They're whole family was crimson and white all the way. They, like most of us, called auburn "awbarn" or some other form. Then big brother is recruited by auburn but not so much by Bama. He decided to play there and they completely switch sides. (Understandable. We've had families do the same.) A couple of years later, my son-in-law accepts a scholarship to play at auburn.

When they fired cheesedip, i asked him what he wanted in a coach...someone who was more like cheese or would he prefer somebody who had a different philosophy (more along the lines of Saban.) In the course of our conversation, he told me how so many of the players would sit in the locker room and talk about having grown up as Bama fans but ended up playing at auburn because "they weren't good enough" to play at Bama. When I asked him if he didn't think that the same thing could be said about guys at MTSU or Baylor or Central Florida, he really had no answer except to say I could spin things however I wanted.

Isn't it natural to have guys who grow up avid fans of a program and dream their whole lives of playing there only to be told (either verbally or through lack of recruitment), "Son, you don't fit our needs/style, so maybe you want to look elsewhere?" I know that would have to be heartbreaking; however, instead of having a "how dare they not choose me" attitude, they should be thankful to have the opportunity to play at all. I could go on a rant abut the sense of entitlement kids today have, but I won't.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I must confess that I have not had the problems with Auburn fans that a lot of Tide fans have through the years. Maybe it's just because I don't live in Alabama and thus don't have to put up with them, but I did live in east Mississippi for nearly 20 years and had much interaction. No real problems.

However.....I've been watching them as they imploded the last two years. I went to one board I won't mention here more out of curiosity than anything else. Started looking at it when the heat came on Chizik. Read it about once a week to get caught up on the insanity. And here's a basic summary (words changed so nobody can trace the site but meaning is the same):

"Ole Miss is cheating. How did they get all them good players."

(Of course, the moment an Ole Miss commit jumps to Auburn they NEVER make the logical deduction that "we paid him more!")

"Bama cheats...(insert picture of Yeldon with car that is not actually Yeldon with car)

"I don't what the truth is about whether Bama cheats......(asserts again Bama cheats)

"Bama has tried to destroy our program.." (this one was a hoot)

I'm sitting here watching the same mindset that takes poison in Guyana, attacks ATF agents in Waco, and self-mutilates in hopes of catching a ride on the Hale-Bopp comet. It is not delusional, it is a sickness, a mental illness.

I stand by two things that I said a couple of years ago regarding Auburn. My observational powers tell me it is worse than then.

1) Auburn DESPERATELY wants to win national championships in football - so much so that they seriously would not mind having an entire paid NFL team wear their jerseys and destroy all comers. They don't even care if it gets taken away later - they just desperately want that year of wearing T-shirts, pointing a finger other than the middle one, and screaming, "We're number one."

2) They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.

Drewy26

1st Team
Aug 16, 2008
Montgomery, AL
2) They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.
This.

They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty, where they so long to be. Between the Cam fiasco (which drained much of the joy from their victory) to being sandwiched among Alabama's most recent dynasty, and all of our championships, 2010 has basically been forgotten. It really feels as if Auburn never won the NC, even to their fans.

It is hilarious.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This.

They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty, where they so long to be. Between the Cam fiasco (which drained much of the joy from their victory) to being sandwiched among Alabama's most recent dynasty, and all of our championships, 2010 has basically been forgotten. It really feels as if Auburn never won the NC, even to their fans.

It is hilarious.
Auburn's ascent to national champion would, in fact, have been a neat story to all non-Tide fans - perennial also ran program responds to its greatest nemesis by starting the year unranked and winning it all. It's a Kurt Warner-type story. Except, well, it had Cam Newton and not Kurt Warner.

They got bad press in the first place based on Cam's departure from Florida. But even with that the story was somewhat interesting - until it came out Daddy prostituted him. And then Auburn never REALLY denied it, issuing a nondenial denial that was obvious to anyone who has watched these things enough.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
They go crazy because they woke up one morning in January 2011 as number one in the world but STILL number two in the state. And this drives them nuts.

That is arguably the best quote I have ever heard... You my friend should have a plaque with your name on it in the Bryant Museum, featuring that quote and a smiling picture of Nick Saban that says "U mad bro?"...

:biggrin:

grlindsey08

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2010
Jasper, AL
Auburn can try to diminish what we did against Texas, LSU, and Notre Dame all they want, and they can probably make a valid point (not win the argument, but get a good point in). HOWEVER, how does that change the fact that we've beat them 4 out of the last 5 games, 3 being blowouts, and 2 being shutouts? If we aren't that good, and yet we continue to dominate them, what does that say about their program?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
They honestly thought that winning a MNC would vault them into the upper echelon of college football royalty.
The MNC stuff is propaganda. Personally, I think Cam was ineligible to play, so they shouldn't have won any championship, but apparently my opinion does not count in that regard.

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being undefeated? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

It annoys me to see the MNC term used, knowing what Alabama had to accomplish to win their national championships, and seeing how wheel of fate postseasons are for some lemming-like reason, treated with greater respect.

Last edited:

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
The MNC stuff is propaganda. Personally, I think Cam was ineligible to play, so they shouldn't have won any championship, but apparently my opinion does not count in that regard.

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being the only undefeated team in the entire FBS? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

It annoys me to see the MNC term used, knowing what Alabama had to accomplish to win their national championships, and seeing how wheel of fate postseasons are for some lemming-like reason, treated with greater respect.
I never have been a fan of the "MNC" moniker

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
This.

It is hilarious.
Outstanding Post. :hurray:

You put into words what so many of us have felt for years.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

In terms of what they did on the field, they won the SEC, they won the BCS, and they were unanimous national champions by all the selectors (AP, Coaches, etc...). If they won a mythical national championship, then what on earth did the Ravens just win? The they were tied for 9th place in the NFL, but that has more legitimacy? 10-6 is a less mythical champion than being the only undefeated team in the entire FBS? Like it or not, and until the NCAA does their job, Auburn won a National Championship in 2010 and that's all there is to it. I'd argue that it was far more legitimate than these late winning streak "champions" we pretend didn't play mediocre ball until the end.

I'm sorry but Auburn wasn't the only unbeaten. TCU won the Rose Bowl and was also undefeated.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm sorry but Auburn wasn't the only unbeaten. TCU won the Rose Bowl and was also undefeated.
You're right. I looked it up to, but I still missed that. I now remember watching TCU win and being unhappy because I had grown tired of the TCU, Utah, and Boise State's of the world whining (for those of you that care, TCU lost 6 times and Utah lost 7 times last season, validating the theory that playing against real competition is completely different).

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.