Tee Martin turns down position at Tennessee to stay with Kiffin at USC

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...eturn-alma-mater-tennessee-butch-jones-121112

Man, this must burn the Vols.

"''I was very honored to be offered a position on Coach Jones' Tennessee staff,'' Martin said in a statement posted on school's website. ''I truly believe he will do an outstanding job with the Vols program. My decision to remain at USC was the toughest I have ever had to make because Tennessee is such a special place to me."

''At the end of the day, I am a man of my word. I promised Coach Kiffin when I was hired at USC that I had goals I wanted to accomplish here. We still have work to do here to reach those goals. I see a great future at USC with the players on our roster and the recruits we have coming in."

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

''At the end of the day, I am a man of my word.
I promised Coach Kiffin when I was hired at USC that I had goals I wanted to accomplish here. We still have work to do here to reach those goals. I see a great future at USC with the players on our roster and the recruits we have coming in."
I'll bet Vol fans got a chuckle from someone saying this and choosing Kiffin as his new mentor.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
"Should I go back to Tennessee where they still have stuff on me or should I stay at USC where I have plenty on them?"

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Tee Martin is probably seeing both the USC and UT jobs and stepping stones. With what I know, I'd get as far from Lane Kiffen as a could, but I'm not so sure Martin is any more upstanding than Kiffen.

Anyway, what a slap in the face to Volnation. This is the lowest point I've ever seen the UT program. They can't seem to get anything right lately.

1958againbear

1st Team
Jan 27, 2011
http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefoo...eturn-alma-mater-tennessee-butch-jones-121112

Man, this must burn the Vols.

"''I was very honored to be offered a position on Coach Jones' Tennessee staff,'' Martin said in a statement posted on school's website. ''I truly believe he will do an outstanding job with the Vols program. My decision to remain at USC was the toughest I have ever had to make because Tennessee is such a special place to me."

''At the end of the day, I am a man of my word. I promised Coach Kiffin when I was hired at USC that I had goals I wanted to accomplish here. We still have work to do here to reach those goals. I see a great future at USC with the players on our roster and the recruits we have coming in."
If he was such a man of his word, why hasn't he ever come clean about the money he got from the Mobile booster? Oh yeah. He gave his word to the booster and phat phil never to tell about it. And yes the Viles up here have taken his rejection to stay with kiffie as treason. He is now public enemy #1.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I think Tee Martin is being smart by staying at Southern Cal. Even though he is in the Lame Kitten regime, he is still learning how to be a position coach. Whether he chooses to adopt LK's questionable ethics is a matter for him to decide. He should stay at Southern Cal for a couple more years before seeking a OC job at another school.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
How wonderful to see Tee show such loyalty to Kiffen, it says alot about him.

And how special that must be to the Tennessee fan base. :biggrin:

Tennessee is so pathetic these days it's almost no fun to mock them anymore...

Hoot30

All-SEC
Jan 12, 2005
Nashville, TN
I listened to an interview with Jimmy Hyams on 104.5 here in Nashville. He said that Tee Martin wanted $500,000 to go back to UT, which would have been more than the offensive coordinator.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.