2012 Coaching Carousel Catch All Thread

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: The Right Man for Auburn - Coach Ed Generro

Trooper Taylor should be named APIMhead coach today.,who else is more All In, More Fambly. So what he waves a towel & wears his cap backwards? Clearly he is qualified.

If he is not hired/promoted the Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, President Obama & more importantly Charles Barkley should call out API.

Thats only fair.

How great would that be!!! If Trooper was made the head coach, the NCAA would buy a house in Auburn to house all of their investigators. Some lawyers there would get extremely rich with all of the work they would have.

PatternMatching

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 1, 2011
Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Links:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2012/11/27/3699998/les-miles-arkansas-coaching-search
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/11/lsu_coach_les_miles_has_an_off.html

Looks as if the sources are a little dicey and being confirmed but if true, would be interesting to see how this is used for leverage with LSU for a new deal.

Now has been confirmed by Sportscenter: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/273615547512524800

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Re: Coaching Carousel: Les Miles offered $27.5 million for five years at Arky

Les Miles took his team he has coached for 8 seasons, loaded with future NFL talent and beat an Arkansas team thats been spiraling out of control with no real leadership by 7 points. Think about that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Hmm... Walk away from an automatic recruiting bonanza to a recruiting desert (he's familiar with that from OSU). Maybe there's enough $$$. I sort of doubt it...

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.

I see this happening with Miles going to Arkansas.

Here is some background and connective tissue between Miles and Arkansas and why there may be mutual interest:

Long began his administrative career at Michigan after he was hired by Bo Schembechler, the man who recruited Miles to play for the Wolverines in the 1970s. Long was on the UM staff after Miles returned to his alma mater as an assistant coach from 1987-94.

One of the Razorbacks' most influential and wealthy alumni is Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who played on Arkansas' 1964 national championship team. Miles was a Cowboys assistant coach from 1998-2000 and he developed a strong bond with the owner.
Strong enough, in fact, that when Miles' father died, Jones offered to send the assistant coach home to Ohio in the owner's private jet. Miles' name came up when Dallas was in the market for a coach in 2003, 2007 and 2010.

One source close to the LSU athletic department said Jones is a major reason the salary has ballooned to the $5 1/2-million range.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

Hmm... Walk away from an automatic recruiting bonanza to a recruiting desert (he's familiar with that from OSU). Maybe there's enough $$$. I sort of doubt it...

Yeah, why leave...where you have constantly recruited NFL caliber players and just won the Sec And played in the BCSNC. Unless he feels the pressure? But I just don't see the pressure getting to him.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
If Miles to Arkansas happens it will be a major distraction until next Christmas. The media will best that dead horse to a bloody mess. We will have to endure all the talk up to the bowl game and I've gotten a headache thinking about it.

From my phone with Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

247Sports reported on their rumor board a few weeks ago that Miles was interested in the Cowboys job. Maybe, Arky was his real target.

Let's imagine Les in a hog hat calling those hogs. Awesome for everyone not in Arkansas.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

247Sports reported on their rumor board a few weeks ago that Miles was interested in the Cowboys job. Maybe, Arky was his real target.

Let's imagine Les in a hog hat calling those hogs. Awesome for everyone not in Arkansas.

The Hoglady would have to sing a new song about it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
ESPN said Les's agent denies the report. Wonder if this is an attempt by Arky to draw attention to LSU/Les to damage recruiting and get less attention on their search.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Les Miles took his team he has coached for 8 seasons, loaded with future NFL talent and beat an Arkansas team thats been spiraling out of control with no real leadership by 7 points. Think about that.
I don't want Miles to leave the SEC - he's far too entertaining - but to watch him flounder at arky while watching the ensuing meltdown at LSU would be awesome.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama

I don't want Miles to leave the SEC - he's far too entertaining - but to watch him flounder at arky while watching the ensuing meltdown at LSU would be awesome.
I saw them mention Gruden already on their board. They sure are already seeking replacements.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

If Arkansas did get More Miles (I mean less Miles), what does LSU do? They are not going after Coach Brown at Texas! Maybe Peterson at Boise State?

Would they offer Coach Saban $10+ million a year to return to Paradise?

tideisarollin

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 12, 2012
Mobile Al

Sports illustrated and CBSsports are now reporting the Les Miles offer. It's starting to gain some attention

SouthBaman

1st Team
Mar 26, 2004
Deep South
The Miles story makes no sense. If he turned down his alma mater Michigan, why would he possibly consider taking a risk at Arkansas when he has a top 10 program at LSU?

Tide-one-on

All-SEC
Aug 14, 2003
Pensacola, FL 32514

Would they offer Coach Saban $10+ million a year to return to Paradise?
That was what I was thinking...kind of scary isn't it

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.