Where is the pic of the Ga player poking Millner in the eye?

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
I cant seem to find it. I saw it yesterday while in the woods hunting and reading the boards, but cant remember what thread I saw it in.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Oh yeah, I want to see that one with my second cup of Joe! :)

Seriously, it sounds like it was intentional as heck. Glad he's o.k

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
Whats funny is with all the talk about the hit on Murray, there has been absolutely no talk about this play. Even when it happened, CBS said very very little about it except that the person who retaliates is who always get caught. Maybe football should do what basketball does and go look at the tape to see what actually happened in situations like this.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Whats funny is with all the talk about the hit on Murray, there has been absolutely no talk about this play. Even when it happened, CBS said very very little about it except that the person who retaliates is who always get caught. Maybe football should do what basketball does and go look at the tape to see what actually happened in situations like this.
If I remember correctly, wasn't this the situation that, when Gary and Verne realized that the GA player instigated by poking in the eye, Gary responded by saying, "Happens . . ."

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
If I remember correctly, wasn't this the situation that, when Gary and Verne realized that the GA player instigated by poking in the eye, Gary responded by saying, "Happens . . ."
Yea it is, but I took it as him referring to "retaliation" happening....All i know is it sure wasnt a big deal to anyone.

Tider_in_GA

Scout Team
Nov 25, 2009
Rossville, GA
I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the flag at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty came a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide

Last edited:

TheBamaMan

All-SEC
Jul 17, 2000
Dothan, Al
I re-watched the game last night and got a new perspective on this penalty. Yes the UGA player went to poke Milliners eye, yes Milliner retaliated. But the ref didn't throw the at that point. It happened right beside Ritter as he was signaling possession. The penalty cane a few seconds later when the UGA player pushed Milliner AGAIN, and Milliner did nothing in return except maybe some jawing. Maybe what he said was enough for the penalty, IDK. But anywho, we still win. Roll Tide
Yea i agree, I think Millner said something, possibly directly to the ref that drew the flag.

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
Nothing was said when Milliner was getting his eyes gauged out.

However, you're partly right ... On one of UGA's TD drives, on a Gurley TD run, Mosley got grabbed in the middle of the field and spun around and was unable to make the tackle at about the 5-yard line... and Gary's reaction was the refs missed one, but that it "happens".... LOL

I hate for it to have been a 'Bama player who had gotten away with one like that. I'm sure it wouldn't just "happen"... they would have replayed it a dozen times and brought it up constantly.

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL
I know they called Millner's number, but I thought the penalty was on someone else (Sunseri?) standing slightly away from the play and saying something. The ref looked right at him and then threw the flag.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I respected Georgia before Saturday, now I know what most Florida fans could have probably told me before hand, they are a team full of low-life thugs. They deserve whatever pain they are suffering today, So does Richt for turning them into a team full of thugs. They won't be back to Atlanta next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.