Question: Why is ESPN3 being blacked out for all the SEC games such as A-Day game

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Because I have DirectTV I don't CSS, so I looked on ESPN3 and was pleased to see they had the A-Day game being televised. As I checked further it noted the game was blacked out for me and I live in Orangeville, TN

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Must be fun being a Bama fan living in a place called Orangeville, Tennessee. Where is that?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Just down the road from Pukeorange -- actually I live just outside of Chattanooga in a little place most Chattanoogans aren't familiar with!
Thanks. I lived in Knoxville for eight years but had never heard of Orangeville.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA
Hmm...looking like it will be blacked out for me here in Birmingham. I'm getting Charter Cable Internet tomorrow afternoon...so there could be a chance I'll be able to watch it seeing as how they are a TV carrier of CSS. That's what I'm hoping for at least. (I have DirecTV for my TV viewing)

I really don't understand why ESPN3 would black out the Spring Game though. CSS is a cable channel...not an OTA local channel. I guess I will just never truly understand the money-based decision making done by the conference and ESPN.

bama3416

Nov 30, 2006
Install hotspot shield for a different region ip on your browser and you should be able to watch the A-Day Game and its also free to use. Good Luck

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I had this same realization last night and I live in Columbia, SC. I think I might just go to a bar and watch it. I have ATT Uverse so not sure if it is specific to provider. I have had situtation where it says its going to be blacked out and then isn't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.