DE Chris Jones Updates (Miss. State Commitment)

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Hmm....wonder what his HS coaches think of this....
Bet they are furious. Of course, there are a lot of conspiracy theories floating around with respect to those guys. More than a few have claimed that they have intentionally withheld sending out game tape.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Jones' HS is trying hard to keep the kid with MSU. I know if I was a high school coach, as big of a Bama guy I am...alum and all, I'd be fighting for my kids to get in front of every college coaching staff he could. Some things about this process disgusts me.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saw a tweet saying he will visit Ole Miss Friday followed by Starkville on Saturday to decide between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012
well, we do know OM can outbid MSU....
yep we do know that.. did you see what treadwell put up on his twitter? idiot put up a nice stack of 100s after a trip to ole miss. he took it down shortly after though. we all know every program cheats in some capacity, some more than others. however when you have a program like ole miss that hasn't done anything to attract bigtime recruits all of a sudden get johnny 5 stars like they are at the level of an alabama then they are taking the "hey we all cheat" to a new level.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
yep we do know that.. did you see what treadwell put up on his twitter? idiot put up a nice stack of 100s after a trip to ole miss. he took it down shortly after though. we all know every program cheats in some capacity, some more than others. however when you have a program like ole miss that hasn't done anything to attract bigtime recruits all of a sudden get johnny 5 stars like they are at the level of an alabama then they are taking the "hey we all cheat" to a new level.
How do "we" all know that? Why should any top end program feel it necessary to cheat at all?

So you're saying GA cheats?

If you're implying Alabama does then we would all appreciate you showing us how, when and where this is done.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How do "we" all know that? Why should any top end program feel it necessary to cheat at all?

So you're saying GA cheats?

If you're implying Alabama does then we would all appreciate you showing us how, when and where this is done.
I wouldn't take his remarks quite so hostilely. I don't think either UGA or UA has a need to buy players. The fact remains that the rules have become such that it's almost impossible to recruit without what could be termed "cheating." However, his remarks about Ole Miss are dead on. What's happening this season beggars the imagination. Five star prospects adding a mediocre, at best, program in the last two weeks, after having no history of even thinking about them? Gimme a break...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I wouldn't take his remarks quite so hostilely. I don't think either UGA or UA has a need to buy players. The fact remains that the rules have become such that it's almost impossible to recruit without what could be termed "cheating." However, his remarks about Ole Miss are dead on. What's happening this season beggars the imagination. Five star prospects adding a mediocre, at best, program in the last two weeks, after having no history of even thinking about them? Gimme a break...
I talked to my ole miss buddy at school and he says there is no way they are cheating. He seems to think it all stems from Robert and his brother going there. I just laughed. I don't seem to remember Clowney, bowers, or any of the other number one guys being solely responsible for high level recruits committing. Especially when they only commit on NSD like Robert will do.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I talked to my ole miss buddy at school and he says there is no way they are cheating. He seems to think it all stems from Robert and his brother going there. I just laughed. I don't seem to remember Clowney, bowers, or any of the other number one guys being solely responsible for high level recruits committing. Especially when they only commit on NSD like Robert will do.
The idea of good recruits attracting other good recruits isn't a stranger at all to college football, and it is huge in bball recruiting.

Now, I have no idea if that's all that's going on here.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The idea of good recruits attracting other good recruits isn't a stranger at all to college football, and it is huge in bball recruiting.

Now, I have no idea if that's all that's going on here.
For starters, that's not what's going on in this instance, but, even if it were, RN has said he's holding out until NSD. There's no way they can be using that for bait...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Well, that settles it then...tell your buddy at Ole Miss thanks for clearing that up for us.
;)

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
For starters, that's not what's going on in this instance, but, even if it were, RN has said he's holding out until NSD. There's no way they can be using that for bait...
You're referring to cheating, but if you can imagine the alternative (or even if you can't), surely you don't think these recruits aren't talking to and influencing each other? It goes on all the time, whether or not there is cheating accompanying it.

And they have recruits beyond Nkemdiche that could be attracting top guys.

Again though, I don't doubt the cheating accusations. The point is just that other factors are consistent with producing interest in a program.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
Based on some of the photo tweets it looks like they are getting money and action just for visiting. I think I would visit as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.