2015 QB Ricky Town Decommits from Alabama, Flips to USC

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Re: *** 2015 QB Ricky Town Commits to Alabama ***

There is a long time until Signing Day 2015. Anything can happen.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
Bama Loses Potential Recruit Ricky Town

According to al.com, Ricky Town, 5 star recruit decided he does not want to play in T'town. I apologize to everyone because I have no idea how to post a link with an IPad.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Saban meet with him this week. On the same day, Saban met with another top 2015 QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that the other QB was the #1 QB and Town was #2 and he was also from Cali but I don't have his name.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I know you can never have to many good QBs, but I think maybe we should take a look at how many we sign. Town probably figures why go to Bama when Cornwell is going there and Coker will transfer there. Plus all the guys that are on scholarship right now. We've played 3 starting QBs in the CNS era. I don't think RT is scared of competition but there is only one football and only one starter.
Agreed. Just because a guy doesn't come to Bama doesn't mean he's afraid of competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Bama Loses Potential Recruit Ricky Town

Sark runs a very similar system to Nussmeier, so it makes sense that he adjusted his interest when things shuffled up.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida

If you think about it, Bama is incredibly fortunate to continue to get #1 rated classes, with top-rated talent not only willing to compete for playing time, but in many cases willing to wait several seasons just to see the field.
And, for most of them, it's their only route to financial prosperity.
So, if a kid thinks his chances are better by not going head to head with the best, I respect the choice, wish him good luck, and continue to feel blessed with all the talent CNS and his staff continue to assemble.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Here's the link

It is early in the game for the 2015 class, so it isn't a killer right now.
I agree and also with all the QBs in school currently and the possibility of Coker headed to Tuscaloosa maybe he saw a big time log jam and maybe lack of PT. Who knows but better now than later.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001

Well, he tweets "it was an honor getting to know Coach Saban and the Alabama fans. " So, we got that going for us, which is nice.

Look, we all know it can be hard to pull these Cali boys. That and the coaching changes make this no huge surprise. Too bad, because we were all pretty excited to have such a highly rated QB on our commitment list. So many of these commitments mean very little, anyway, really. I would have been more surprised had we actually been able to keep this kid in the fold. Better to bail early than late.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

The latest from Town's camp was that he had an up close visit at USC and was infatuated immediately . Sarkisian and the Trojans were making him a priority once he arrived as the new HC. He was contemplating on de committing from Alabama as of last week but opted to sleep on it and decided to de commit today. He didn't want to be considered an Alabama commit while visiting other schools at the same time. Most are predicting him to commit to USC very soon.

Last edited:

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I agree and also with all the QBs in school currently and the possibility of Coker headed to Tuscaloosa maybe he saw a big time log jam and maybe lack of PT. Who knows but better now than later.
If Coker does come and wins the job as many think he will AND Cornwell is as good as some think, Town may not have started until his Jr or Sr year. Now, nobody knows if Coker or Cornwell will pan out but, if they do, signing an elite QB in 2015 is not necessary. If Town decommited b/c of Coker and Cornwell, we don't want him anyway. If you are affraid to compete, you probably won't survive....

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus

The latest from Town's camp was that he had an up close visit at USC and was infatuated immediately . Sarkisian and the Trojans were making him a priority once he arrived as the new HC. He was contemplating on de committing from Alabama as of last week but opted to sleep on it and decided to de commit today. He didn't want to be considered an Alabama commit and still visits other schools at the same time. Most are predicting him to commit to USC very soon.
From everything I've read and heard, the week long visit to T-Town scheduled in April by Town and his family is off, and Bama is no longer a player in his recruitment. USC is firmly in the driver's seat after Town's recent unofficial visit.

Last edited:

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

If RT was a 2014er, it might be something to get a little worked up over. With over a year until signing day and the staff we have, this is something that simply doesn't bother me.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I read that the other QB was the #1 QB and Town was #2 and he was also from Cali but I don't have his name.
His name is Josh Rosen....seems like another prospect who will stay on the westcoast....he looks like a Cal lean at this point and time

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.