The flight home

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
As some of you know I fly the football team to their away games. While I can't talk about certain things I can give you a general sense of the flight home last nt. It doesn't get any better than last nt. :)

Usually when the team arrives we're working onboard. We greet them, hand out drinks, give some high fives, etc... Last night we stood out on the jetbridge steps shaking our pompoms, yelling Roll Tide, etc.. We were all still so emotional as well. Most of the flight attendants are either graduates of the University or big fans. So we definitely have a vested interest.

Anyway there were hugs, fist pumps and high fives galore. Funny thing is many of the players hugged us as if "we need a hug". They were so sweet! I feel like we've bonded with many of them since we've been flying them all season. The coaches were about the same story.

I will say I've never seen them so tired (no exhausted) and hungry. With that said their adrenaline was so high I don't know that I saw any of them sleeping. It was kind of exactly how I felt. LOL. Usually after every game they all pass out- not last night.

There were some real troopers in TCL when we landed. There was quite a crowd. I know the team really appreciated it. Coach Saban and AJ went over and thanked them. Can't wait to do it again for SECCG!

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Glad you were able to get a clearance out of there! Did you get to watch the game?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Glad you were able to get a clearance out of there! Did you get to watch the game?
We were #1 for takeoff. They wanted us all out of there! :)

Yes, we were able to watch end of 1st half thru end of game on a tiny TV in Delta operations. Felt bad for the LSU fans working there. We kind of ran them out. I think they thought we could all watch it together, uh no! They ended up moving somewhere else. Good thing.

In typical Alabama style we all thanked them for their hospitality, congratulated them on a great game and wished them a great rest of the season. RTR!

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
That's about as close to a dream job as I could imagine during football season.

Great post and great job getting our guys back to AL!

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I think it is so cool that Delta lets the BAMA alumni and fans who are employees take care of their own team on the charters. Is that common for other team charters that Delta handles?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
That's about as close to a dream job as I could imagine during football season.
I know. Sometimes I have to pinch myself, especially last night! It is hard, fast work but so rewarding. To have them come on hugging and showing emotion with us is priceless. And talk about manners - what nice young men! The staff and coaches are just the same. I've loved getting to see and know them. We already know this but class organization from top to bottom.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
I think it is so cool that Delta lets the BAMA alumni and fans who are employees take care of their own team on the charters. Is that common for other team charters that Delta handles?
Alabama and most other schools have a "dedicated" crew. Basically that means flight attendants interview for school(s) that interest them. A certain number are then chosen for each school. In my interview there were reps from other schools. Basically I let them I was really only interested in Alabama. :) Glad it all worked out. I'm thankful.

Last edited:

Craxycat

All-SEC
Apr 24, 2009
Thanks for posting! I was wondering how it all went down after the fact glad everybody was happy/healthy etc.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
They were hungry? Does that mean they each got two Biscoff packs? :)

Just kidding... I'm a Diamond (nearly double Diamond this year!!) and I LOVE the crew on DL... you guys always take care of plain ol business travelers like me so well I KNOW the team must LOVE you guys!!! Love getting these reports.

Fly safe!

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Thank you for posting that! I don't doubt they were about as pumped up as they could possibly be while being as exhausted as possible, too. I felt that way and all I did was sit and watch them do everything! You do have a great job!

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
As some of you know I fly the football team to their away games. While I can't talk about certain things I can give you a general sense of the flight home last nt. It doesn't get any better than last nt. :)

Usually when the team arrives we're working onboard. We greet them, hand out drinks, give some high fives, etc... Last night we stood out on the jetbridge steps shaking our pompoms, yelling Roll Tide, etc.. We were all still so emotional as well. Most of the flight attendants are either graduates of the University or big fans. So we definitely have a vested interest.

Anyway there were hugs, fist pumps and high fives galore. Funny thing is many of the players hugged us as if "we need a hug". They were so sweet! I feel like we've bonded with many of them since we've been flying them all season. The coaches were about the same story.

I will say I've never seen them so tired (no exhausted) and hungry. With that said their adrenaline was so high I don't know that I saw any of them sleeping. It was kind of exactly how I felt. LOL. Usually after every game they all pass out- not last night.

There were some real troopers in TCL when we landed. There was quite a crowd. I know the team really appreciated it. Coach Saban and AJ went over and thanked them. Can't wait to do it again for SECCG!
Is Butch still around, TnGA?

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
How does DJ Fluker fit into one of those seats? My ultimate nightmare would be the middle seat between Jesse and DJ. You business travelers know what I am talking about.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
How does DJ Fluker fit into one of those seats? My ultimate nightmare would be the middle seat between Jesse and DJ. You business travelers know what I am talking about.
Indeed! I don't know the cabin configuration, but I wonder who gets 1st class and business...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.