Al.com Rates Alabama and Auburn's Top 5 Recruiting "Misses"

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Whoever lit this together is off low intelligence. I can understand guys on the list who you never offered, but to put someone on the list you heavily recruited just baffles me.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Winston was a miss only in talent. Personally, I'm happy to see him as a poison on someone else's team. I can definitely see Matthews as a miss, but I wonder if he would have put up the crazy stats that he did if he had been on a team where he wasn't the only quality receiver. If these 5 are our biggest misses, I'd personally say we are doing alright.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think Winston was a miss. For it to be a miss, the player needed to be wanted/rated highly. Nobody had no idea Ward would be as good as he is.
I agree. Al.com's staff did not say what classifies as a "miss." They appear to be naming successful college players from Alabama rather than looking at if either staff wanted the player.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Jordan Matthews is the only one that Bama truly missed on. Why isn't Phillip Rivers, Walter Jones and Earl Bennett not included on players that Alabama schools missed on?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.