River Ridge, LA
Here are the new top five BCS projections from ESPN

1. Notre Dame
2. ALABAMA
3. Georgia
4. Oregon
5. Kansas State

K-State takes the biggest tumble, also

Herbstreit says if BAMA beats Georgia we are in.

Krymsonman

TNBama

1st Team
Apr 19, 2000
Knoxville, TN. USA
K State does NOT deserve to be ahead of Oregon. For goodness sakes, they got destroyed by a team with a losing record, when O lost in overtime to a ranked team!! That being said, who cares? We once again are in control of our destiny

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I hope I didn't remember it wrong. I thought I saw Oregon up there, but I'm old, it's late, and I'm oh so happy right now. Krymsonman

Brad first came out and said Oregon above k state and then changed it back. I think it is close at 5 and 6. But he always had Florida up at 4.

JeffAtlanta

All-American
Aug 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
Yeah, the computer really love UF. They were #3 last week - behind ND & KSU, but ahead of Oregon & Bama.

UF really needs to hope that Bama takes out UGA. It would hurt UF a bit in the computers, but the human voters wouldn't go for another rematch game. (This assumes a ND loss)

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
Yeah, the computer really love UF. They were #3 last week - behind ND & KSU, but ahead of Oregon & Bama.

UF really needs to hope that Bama takes out UGA. It would hurt UF a bit in the computers, but the human voters wouldn't go for another rematch game. (This assumes a ND loss)
True . Most voters would shove Oregon past Florida in order to prevent it from happening again . Rightfully so , this year , IMO .

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
The computers must REALLY hate Oregon.
There's a reason for that. Their conference doesn't have many elite level teams and they didn't really do much OOC. I have more respect for ND's schedule than oregon's (and that is tough to say).

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Really, things are pretty simple:

Alabama, Georgia, and ND win next week then it is Notre Dame v. SECCG winner. If any sort of craziness happens in those three games then you can get into wild scenarios where Florida gets in the national title against Oregon while neither being conference champions.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I would say the following are the rankings in terms of who is going to play for the title:
1. Notre Dame
2. SEC champion
3. Oregon, if Stanford loses and Oregon wins Pac 12.
4. Kansas State
5. Winner of Florida/Florida State (this only happens if USC beats ND, Alabama or Georgia loses next week, but wins the SEC championship, and Stanford wins PAC 12).
I see no scenario where we go beyond those.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
The way the standings are now, the SEC would have 3 teams in the 4 team playoff. How cool is that? A system that was created to reduce the chance of having an SEC team to win the NC, may actually increase the odds of it happening.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.